Author Topic: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in  (Read 147374 times)

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in
« Reply #480 on: April 16, 2018, 08:46:41 PM »
 :rofl: love it!  That is so my style when combining planning and gardening - but oh so much fun when you get it all to work !  :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #481 on: April 16, 2018, 10:33:14 PM »
B
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:34:46 PM by GHOST »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #482 on: April 17, 2018, 07:17:24 AM »
Good luck with your next soup!   I love cooking in a wok,  I do most of my cooking in one now, it has much better space for making chilli, curry, bolognese and all sorts :-D only occasionally I make anything Chinese in it  :cheesy:

Like the sound of the owl boxes :-)

Ooo weather forecast said that mysterious shiny thing is going to return, and will be warming up - looks like all in good time for my week off next week! Looking forward to a week at home relaxing! Xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #483 on: April 17, 2018, 11:27:37 AM »
Brian you are a genius -i have just been wondering whether irrigation isnt going to be a problem with the pallet planter (i know i have plenty of water but i,m always looking to transfer ideas too African projects so its a problem there. Being against a wall means there is some rainshadow too, but a vessel of some kind through which more rainwater could collect then drip could create shade above (important there) but not from the front where sun is needed to ripen them but still potentially reduce soil drying out.I was seriousely thinking should i drill holes in the gutter and add rain chains - but your idea is better because the vessel above is more growing space. In this case perhaps a trough rather than a basket -definitely food for thought.

I used to have a wok come to think of it i probably still have -but my electric oven rings take so long to heat up and it seems so wasteful  i started using a plug-in induction hob (that i bought for camping then discovered might blow the 12v hook up facility and take everyone elses out too so didnt ever dare try  :rofl:) -but the wok wasnt made from material that works on those -but perhaps it might be worth looking to see if i can get one that will -afterall with this alleged heatwave round the corner  :rofl: I might want to diversify from soup.

Emz a timely reminder -I made chilli last week in the slow cooker and froze half -which i was going to have for tea tonight -but i forgot to take it out of the freezer. :evil:

I dont know where my mind is these days -I,m designing a T shirt/CD cover for someone for a festival thats coming up - and he asked yesterday if it is nearly finished -luckilly it is so disaster averrted but it had gone completely out of my head. :embarrassed:

Offline Tony07

« Reply #484 on: April 18, 2018, 02:23:19 PM »
Managed to log in and touch base, although its been 6 years since Carolyn died I still feel the need sometimes to pop in as this place saved my bacon, when I was at my lowest it kept me going and I will always be grateful without the love and support from you nice people I would have gone under so big thanks. I am getting on with my life now and lots of the time enjoying it once again I never forget my Carolyn but life goes on. I am teamed up with a lovely lady who thinks the world of me and me of her, it's not a betrayal as nobody will replace Carolyn but I am just trying to receive and bring happiness to another soul along my way.  What happend to the chat room?
amor vincit omnia

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #485 on: April 18, 2018, 09:51:24 PM »
B
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:35:11 PM by GHOST »

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #486 on: April 19, 2018, 12:23:21 PM »
very nice - and the wok lid =genius -i have a very large heavy glass (style lampshade) that i kept thinking -something garden-ish -more food for thought. :rofl:

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #487 on: April 19, 2018, 11:37:05 PM »
G
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:35:36 PM by GHOST »

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #488 on: April 20, 2018, 11:38:54 AM »
Double glazing for bluetits -you spoil them Brian.Crows are very clever - i got a ground feeder a few years back with a steel grid top  so the bigger birds couldnt get in and steal all the food. It was quite heavy and pegged down -then i watched on morning as one pulled out the pegs and he and his mates lifted on side until it toppled over.
In the end keith came up with something they didnt like -a round plastic tray on a broom handle pole -when they landed on it the movement and the noise it made frightened them. :rofl:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #489 on: April 20, 2018, 05:08:27 PM »
Ooo Brian, the shiny warm thing has appeared again! I'll do my best to send some your way!  :cool: xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #490 on: April 23, 2018, 11:24:48 AM »
I got some of that  glowy thing on saturday -and half the plasterboards went up (but he miscalculated how many were needed so the job wasnt finished) Now that that dumping room has been cleared though i was pleasantly suprised tht the view over the garden is very nice -i can definitely see a good argument for 2nd kitchen area -with a breakfast bar at that end.
 I did get some stuff done in the garden and a bit carried away with optamism that spring is finally here.

Sunday was a right fiasco of a day -had to retrieve the plants i had put out to haden off -it was so cold, (see former optamism) Power kept going off, and everytime it did i had to reset the hub.At one point it was off for so long i was wondering how long before the fish tank went cold  ( i could tell the fish was thinking the same thing) and at what point to add hot water too the tank -knowing that once i had, the cistern would then add cold water into the hot water tank,so the hot water available would diminish rapidly.
Despite having a quorn chilli (one i made earlier in the month) defrosting, that i was going to have with Nachos,i ended up with just the nachos for tea as i couldnt heat the chilli. (Typically i had in an organised moment returned the portable gas stove too the campervan as winter, therefore powercuts, is over (haha) and i couldnt be bothered to walk to where its parked to retrieve it)
Washing machine meanwhile was so confused it decided to disco dance across the floor when the electric came back on at what must have been mid spin cycle. :yahoo:

To top it all off i had an epic nightmare about being kidnapped by russian terrorists who said (in Russian that i apparently understand and speak fluently ) they would let me go if i got 2 thousand pounds out of the cash machine (as if  :rofl:)  then shot by police as  the terrorist ran off and left me holding her gun -  (dont ask)
I seem to have woken up today with a stinking cold -thats been lurking for weeks -but has now decided to come out properly. :cray:

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #491 on: April 23, 2018, 07:09:18 PM »
T
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:36:09 PM by GHOST »

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #492 on: April 24, 2018, 11:18:02 AM »
wow Brian there is no end too your talent -multilingual now too. :rofl:

Actually a 10 foot ladder sounds brilliant - i bought a folding ladder, thinking it would do for getting in the loft and cleaning gutters etc -its an absolute nightmare because of the space you need to unfold it in -accessing the loft on it from my tiny landing without help is impossible -and because in reality my fear of heights isnt going to let me get anywhere near the gutters.
my daughter  borrowed it a long time ago and i havnt asked for it back. :rofl:
When i think i used to be able to haul myself up into the lofts from a chair,without a ladder it certainly reminds me of my age -i wouldnt attempt it now. :rofl: so tall step ladder might be the best solution - when i get round too it. :coffeetoast:

My cold is still drivig me mad -seems to have affected one eye which has got very sore - so i,m sat squinting at the screen like a pirate that lost his patch. :rofl:

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #493 on: April 24, 2018, 06:16:29 PM »
A
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:36:34 PM by GHOST »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #494 on: April 24, 2018, 07:51:37 PM »
Get well soon karena  :hug:
A sneaky cough has snuck up on me but I seem to be keeping any other bugs at bay at the moment xx
Hold on in there xx