Author Topic: Loss of sister  (Read 1242 times)

Offline caz0601

Loss of sister
« on: June 12, 2018, 12:27:16 PM »
I am new to this group. I lost my sister 2 years ago after she was diagnosed with a stage 4 glioblastoma brain tumor & given 3 months to live. She had shown no signs of illness up until 3 weeks before her diagnosis. She was 62 years old but very young in attitude. We were extremely close especially after my mum died of ovarian cancer & although  there was a 9 year age gap we were more like twins. We shopped & holidayed together. I feel like I have lost a limb. I have a husband who is not close to his siblings so doesn’t’ really get it & two grown up daughters who are supportive but I don’t want to burden them by going on about it. I feel terribly guilty that my sister went to a care home as we couldn’t get her care in the home & she couldn’t walk & was incontinent. I visited her every day & sat with her for hours but the guilt gnaws away at me. She couldn’t string a sentence together because of the tumor & I can’t help but wonder what must have been going through her mind.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Loss of sister
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 08:29:32 PM »
Sending a welcome hug Caz  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Loss of sister
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 01:26:31 PM »
 :hug:sending you a warm welcome. Guilt is something we all find a way to feel its part of grief  that all of us here will recognise.You did your best for your sister, you didnt just shove her in a home and adandon her but visited her all the time and at the same time made sure her physical needs and comfort were being met.I dont think any of us want to imagine ever being in a home - but neither do we want to be stuck in a hospital and if its not possible to get what is needed to be able to be at home - i think the home is the better option of the ones left and i,m sure she would have too.