Author Topic: Struggling  (Read 1341 times)

Offline Kez

Struggling
« on: July 15, 2018, 09:09:30 PM »
Ive been struggling nearly 3 years. Ive been backwards and forwards to the doctors, I've been diagnosed with depression, anxiety ocd you name it,  ive been put on on a variety of dufferent depression medication all to no avail. I am currently on prozac which out of all of them seems to control my attacks a little but i dont know how long i can carry on this way. I mean i I don't want to be on medication the rest of my life. So I've had a bad few years I've lost my uncle to suicide my dad had a heart attack my grandad died on my wedding day which I am now going through a divorce from. I lost my other grandparents within months my godparent and now my cousin it seems everything real is being ripped apart from my grasp resulting in ocd behaviours to try and control what little in my life I can, the thing is I've met and fallen in love with the most amazing guy but all this is ruining any chance we have of a future, in all the loss I just can't see a way through and I guess I'm a little reluctant in giving myself because i dont want to lose anyone else in my life. The hardest is losing my nan as we were the best of friends and In a way the relationship I have now is as near to this as I've been since and I'm a little scared of losing that closeness again everything is just spiralling out of control and I do not know which path to take.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Struggling
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 02:50:35 PM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug:
One loss is hard enough, multiple losses seem to add more difficulty and complexity and unsurprisingly make us unsettled and anxious. To me it felt like the ground went beneath my feet and I was on quick sand
Have you tried any therapy? Have you tried some breathing exercises to help with the anxiety and panic?
I found talking really helped me. Everyone here has lost loved ones and understands xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Kez

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 04:21:50 PM »
Thankyou so much,
I am currently on the waiting list too see a psychiatrist and I'm also trying mindfulness which seems to help I have more good days than I used to but when I have a bad one it's very bad, I think talking will help me I'm just anxious talking face to face with a stranger although I know they are trained for this purpose so I'm hoping talking on here will help .

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 09:06:02 PM »
Mindfulness has helped me alot. Im not religious but I did alot of reading about buddhism in the 2nd year after losing my dad and that has helped me alot too

Keep talking, it does help  :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx