Author Topic: About me, new guy  (Read 6399 times)

Offline PeterSS

• New Members
About me, new guy
« on: March 28, 2016, 09:19:39 PM »
Hello everyone.
My name is Peter, I live in the UK, I am 28 years old and I lost my wife on 8th of February, 2016, at 23.11 pm after a four year battle with cancer.
I honestly don't know if I can offer anyone else support as I truly don't know how to help myself. But if I can help I will try my best.
Thank you

Peter

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: About me, new guy
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 11:15:52 PM »
Hi Peter, sending a welcome hug  :hug:
Sorry for your loss
People arent expected to offer support all the time, everyone is at different stages of the journey, if you just need support at the moment thats ok.  Sometimes even just by sharing our stories it helps people see they are not alone in their grief.  Xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline PeterSS

• New Members
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 03:39:32 PM »
Thank you for the welcome Emz2014, and the hugs

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 04:14:14 PM »
Hello Peter and welcome.

If your only 28 then your poor wife must have been so young too, I'm truly sorry Peter you've been robbed of a full and loving life together how unfair is that.

You will get lots of support from this very caring group, just keep posting because it will help you so much with your healing.

Don't forget we have live chat in the evenings and the link is up the top of this page. You'll be made most welcome I promise and it can be a lifeline chatting to like minded people who will support you every step of the way.
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 04:20:08 PM »
Hi Pete. Just offering you a welcome and my thoughts for your loss.

Offline PeterSS

• New Members
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 04:43:53 PM »
Thank you both.
Yes she was 27, she had been battling with acute myeloid leukemia for just over four years, and then non-hodgkin lymphoma for the last year. Eventually infections just overwhelmed her system and shut her down, they had been attempting a form of dialysis but it hadn't worked.
I had been her full time carer, and though I know there wasn't much I could have done, I do still feel like I failed her. 

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 06:11:02 PM »
Hugs Peter    :hug:  so sorry for your loss, you Are not expected to support anyone but yourself at this early stsge in your grief journey. At the moment you have to look after yourself and let others support you, take it a day at a time Peter. Xx
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline PeterSS

• New Members
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 06:21:52 PM »
Thank you Norma

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 06:22:26 PM »
I'm sure you didn't fail her in the slightest Peter. Guilt is just one of those parts of the grieving process that runs around our heads. They say it's normal but it doesn't feel that way.

Offline PeterSS

• New Members
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 12:00:58 AM »
Thank you all for your kind words and support

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 09:57:49 AM »
Thank you all for your kind words and support

Don't beat yourself up feeling guilty Peter, Hubby is right it's part of bereavement and even Mother Theresa would have suffered the same thing trust me.

Just live with the fact you loved her very much, she knew that and Pete that's what every human being ever needs from someone else in life and you certainly gave her that for sure.

Be at peace with yourself mate.
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2016, 10:51:01 AM »
I'm sure that we all at one time or another have that guilty "I should've done more" feeling, I know I do but then I realise that we do what we can and at the end we shouldn't feel that we've failed because we didn't work a miracle!! My heartfelt condolences to you Peter.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2016, 03:57:07 PM »
That really is a cruel hing to happen at such a young age.It isnt the reason I,m came here and a good few years ago now, but i lost a partner aged 30 to cancer.
You will in time come to realise that you did not fail her but i understand that feeling all too well, and that even with all the odds stacked against them and all the knowledge of that in your head it is still a shock when that last minute miracle actually doesnt happen.

Back then there was no-where like this to come for help but it has been a real help to me in my more recent loss.We are here to support you and one day you may find you are helping others without even thinking about it just by mutual discussion, there really is no expectation or pressure, we are all at different stages of what i,m afraid can be a long and unpleasant journey but one we all share and that sharing makes us stronger.

Offline PeterSS

• New Members
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2016, 04:31:23 PM »
Thank you Karena

Offline Joann

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2016, 09:03:37 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:  so so sorry for your loss. Hope you find an outlet for your grief on here.
Taking it one day at a time.