Author Topic: Re: Post 1  (Read 2648 times)

Offline Brown88

Re: Post 1
« on: April 24, 2016, 07:17:51 PM »
Hi

My name is kerry and I'm quite new to this couldn't quite figure out how to post 😳 I've ended up here because 5 months I lost my grandfather who had raised me since the age of 2 due to the absence of my dad. Feel a little silly really but I've not coped well at all. I'm trying to support my mum and Nan the best that I can but as I've gone along trying to carry on as normal I've developed a real anger and I'm normally the most placid person I find my self so cross that he is not here to help me! Does anyone else feel like this?

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 09:15:00 PM »
Hi Kerry
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:
I moved your post so you have your own thread.  You'll soon get used to finding your way around, just let us know if you're stuck at all
After losing my dad I went through a stage of anger and very short patience, I would react in ways I didnt recognise as myself. Often getting quite angry and irritable at work.  Thankfully my boss was very understanding and he would let me rant if I needed.  It did pass and I felt more like me again.
All I can say is be gentle with yourself, try some relaxation techniques and it will get easier in time.  You may find it helps talking with us here, we're here whatever you need to talk about, even if you need to rant xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 09:30:11 PM »
Hi Kerry so sorry about your grandad.to answer your question feeling angry is something that happens a lot in grief,often as well when you are being the supportive one you end up not expressing your own feelings which might be making it worse for you.One thing I have found being here is that writing things down here and being here it became an outlet for emotions I could not express to people around me.you will find everyone here is very friendly and we will be here for you as long as you need.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 12:20:07 PM »
Hi Kerry. Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your loss
 :hug:

Offline Pauline Mc

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 08:58:29 PM »
Welcome Kerry, so sorry to hear about your Grandad.

I think anger is a normal process of grieving and we usually take it out on those closest to us.  Please keep posting on this site as you will soon realise that what you are feeling is also felt by a lot of other people here.

Sending hugs to you xxx