Author Topic: lost my mum  (Read 3306 times)

Offline phoenixrising

lost my mum
« on: April 26, 2016, 02:03:39 AM »
Hello all,
Just saying hi. I lost my amazing mum on 15th April. Can't stop the merry go round in my head. The what ifs the should haves. Mum was 73 wheelchair bound for last ten years. Copd and other lung issues. I had been her carer for 10 years. Also employed by her for last 6 years as carer so I am also Jobless now. Trying to support my 85year old dad through this too. I am currently amazed at the amount of things needing sorting at a time when I feel like I am navigating my way through very thick custard.x
Taking it one step at a time x

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: lost my mum
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 07:55:41 AM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Joann

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 08:52:09 AM »
So sorry for your loss. :hug:
Taking it one day at a time.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 04:26:01 PM »
Welcome to the forum pheonixriding. So sorry to hear of your loss.

It is amazing how much paperwork and officialdom you are faced with when you lose someone when you don't feel like facing it. I was fortunate in that one of my daughters took the lead in dealing with it and I am sure your father will really appreciate you taking on the task.

:hug:

Offline Rosaleen

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 06:19:24 PM »
So sorry for the loss of your mum. You're having to deal with all your emotions as well as the practical issues at a very sad time.

Offline phoenixrising

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 01:29:35 AM »
Thank you for your replies. So sorry for all your losses and that we "meet" under such circumstances.  :hearts:

Hubby, your words really hit home for me. You gave me a little insight into my dad's view and I am grateful to you for that.

I feel a rather long post coming up soon, I am starting to feel like I am losing the plot. Feel like I am running out of steam and still so much to do. It's only at times like this that I stop. No phone calls to be made at this hour. Everyone else in the house, all 6 of them, are tucked up asleep and I am finally left with my own thoughts.
Taking it one step at a time x

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 07:10:39 AM »
Sending you a welcome (((hug))) those wee small hours of the morning, are the worst, its when we feel all the more alone, i always  think there is only me awake in the whole  world. Its also the time of day when we reflect more on our loss, and i suspect it will be when the long post you mention will be written xx

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 10:06:01 PM »
There is no limit to the length of a post or however many long posts it takes so feel free to make that post.

Writing things down is something I found helped a lot,not only to get out emotions but also because when you write you automatically try and make your writing make sense and in doing that some of that jumble in your head that makes you think you're losing the plot also starts to make sense,a bit like straightening spaghetti.

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 08:22:46 PM »
Welcome, so sorry for your loss.  No words can ease your pain, but please know we do understand and know the pain of grief.  I hope you find time to be able to make that long post.  I found it hard putting everything in writing at the beginnning but it does help. 
Sending Hugs, Penny x

Offline Soleil

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 07:11:15 PM »
Hi phoenixrising

This is a good place to write your thoughts. Lots of people going through this can empathize  :hug: