Author Topic: Hi  (Read 3362 times)

Offline DarrenW

Hi
« on: April 28, 2016, 06:19:48 PM »
I think I may have posted here before, I'm not sure. I tried posting once somewhere but run away straight after. The grief just overwhelmed me so much. I'm Darren, I lost my wife in Sept 2014 and I haven't recovered at all. I'm really lost and alone and I feel like there's nobody who cares or understands.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 06:47:47 PM »
Hi Darren,this is a new board so could be you posted on our old one.So sorry you are still struggling so badly,but its not unusual,and people quite often find the second year is worse because somehow you expect to feel better after a year partly because society as a whole expects we do.
Please keep talking if you can this time,we don't have all the answers but we are all grieving too and that alone makes it a less lonely time.There is a Facebook group and a livechat facility,people mostly go there in the evenings,and on the board here as well as places to share feelings or ask for help there is a daily chat thread,just full of everyday stuff not necessarily bereavement related just about being friends really.

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 07:01:47 PM »
Hello Darren and welcome to the forum. I was talking with someone recently who lost her partner nearly 10 years ago and she was telling me that she still has bad patches. I thnk for most of us things will never be the same again and the best we can hope for is to build a new 'normal'part of which we can expect to have times when we feel down.

It's just a little over 6 months since I lost Chris and I now go for several days at a time feeling OK but then that feeling of "I can't believe I'll never see her again" overwhelms me. The odd thing is I don't see it coming and it is caused by the strangest things sometimes.

Do you have support from friends/family - I'm very lucky in that respect. They all try very hard for me but there's still a big chunk of me missing and I'm not surprised at hearing that still after what, 18 months you are still struggling - I think I'll be the same.

Stick around and keep talkng, especially if you don't have the opportunity to 'let it all out' anywhere else.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 08:35:19 PM »
Hi Darren. Welcome to the forums I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

:hug:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 08:41:37 PM »
Sending a welcome hug Darren  :hug: please keep talking with us, it will help work through your emotions xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 09:00:51 PM »
Hi Darren and welcome.  So sorry for your loss.  Keep talking to us we are here to try and give you support.  Sending Hugs and take care. Penny x

Offline rajahh

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 10:04:11 AM »
Darren you have come to the right place, please try to stay with us this time. You say you feel nobody cares or understands, well we all care and we share your grief. Until you suffer a devastating loss you cannot fully understand, but we have all lost at least one person precious to us, so we share some if your emotions. I lost my husband two years ago and I too am struggling, but on here there is much support.

Offline Soleil

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 07:08:03 PM »
Hi Darren,

I can only echo what the others have said and give a hug  :hug:

Offline Jude M

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 11:37:58 PM »
Welcome Darren to the group, This is a club that no one wishes to join but we really do understand the loss of losing a loved one  Do keep talking to us and we will give you the support you are looking for .
I get up, go to work and survive another day .

Offline Pauline Mc

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 02:43:24 PM »
Hi Darren

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your wife.  I lost my partner 2 years ago this week and understand the feeling that everyone else moves on with their lives and think that we should do the same.

Please be assured that you are not alone and that you can talk on here or the evening chat room and people will support you.  Sending hugs xx