Author Topic: Lost partner  (Read 3241 times)

Offline Wilko16

Lost partner
« on: May 04, 2016, 10:53:54 PM »
My boyfriend passed away a month ago now, it was a shock and unexpected. I have grieved before but not to this extent. I feel like im going crazy. The pain - when i let it in, consumes me and i cant handle it, he was my world my life and my heart. We had a future planned a house, children ect.
Ive always been in control and managed to sort my head out but i feel completely lost and dont know were to start. The emotional outbursts leave me tired confused and empty. Is anyone else going through the same loss on here? It would be nice to relate to someone that feels the same?

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
Re: Lost partner
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 11:27:44 PM »
Hello Wilko16 and welcome.

Everybody here can relate to exactly how you feel and my I offer you my heartfelt sympathy being robbed of a long and happy life together.

It will help you very much to talk about it here, opening up all those painful emotions you are going through knowing they are listened too by those who care and understand, plus will want to support you through your sad journey at this time..
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 12:16:51 AM »
Hi Wilco16. Welcome to the forums.

So sorry to hear of your loss. i lost my wife of 32 years 7 weeks ago and I understand what you mean by the pain consuming you. I often feel like  I am losing my mind. I do get some comfort from recording my feelings on here and the replies I get confirming I am not the only one to feel this way.

Wishing you the strength to cope with your journey  :hug:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 08:44:40 AM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:  xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Rosaleen

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 04:26:01 PM »
So so  sorry for your sudden loss wilco.
I lost  my partner last November.  I thought I was going mad too,  til I came onto this site and found i wasn't. Just being able to read and relate to  how other people are going through the same kind of experience has really  helped me a lot, knowing Im not on my own.Yes it is a hard  journey but it's made a bit easier with  the kind of help you can get here.

Offline Pauline Mc

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 02:34:29 PM »
Hi Wilco

I lost my partner suddenly 2 years ago.  The wonderful people on this site have been a great support to me and it does make you realise you aren't the only one feeling like you do.

Please keep posting on here and you will receive a lot of support I promise.

Sending hugs xxx

Offline Wilko16

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 10:26:23 PM »
Thank you for the kind words and support, i have read a few stories on here and it does make me realise that im not losing my mind, ive spent some time with my partners family over the last few days telling stories and things which has helped alot they are a brilliant family and despite grieving themselves they have been a great support for me too. Today has been an ok day but i dread going to bed thats when the visions of him in hospital enter my head and the realisation kicks in. I want to see a medium in time whats peoples thought on this?? Thank you all  :hug:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 09:42:29 AM »
I do believe there is some kind of presence for our loved ones after we have lost them, I've had things happen which feel like messages. I picked up my mobile to make a phonecall one day, went to phone book and I have a favourites page which shows a thumbnail photo and name, and all 9 contacts had changed to my dad.  I took a screenshot, and then it disappeared and went back to normal. 

I saw a friend of a friend for reiki for a while and felt benefit from it.  She used to do spiritual work, and after I lost my dad she was doing reiki on me and she was 100% convinced I was pregnant and had messages from my dad about it.  I knew I was 100% not pregnant, but thought I'd text my sister to see if she was - and she was (she hadn't told anyone yet and hadnt made it known she was considering it either).  I dont know if this proves anything but felt like she was being genuine (dont see what she would gain from it otherwise)

But I do have the concern that some mediums are not genuine and are taking advantage of people.  I dont know how you can confidently find someone genuine xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Soleil

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2016, 07:00:07 PM »
Hi Wilko,
Sorry for the loss and your future hopes with your boyfriend. Life can turn on its' head sometimes and leave us so alone. Here is a great place to get support.  :hug:

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2016, 07:48:22 PM »
 :hug: so sorry for your loss.I think there are genuine mediums out there,but i have seen some charlattons as well so be careful,maybe you know someone who has visited a good one,otherwise your nearest spiritualist church might be able to recommend one.I would also recommend you leave it a few months,you may find its a bit early to take in what they're saying when you're still at the early shock stage of grief and then spend months wandering about it or whether you really can believe something that was said when your mind is in such turmoil.