Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1854 times)

Offline Jo

Hello
« on: April 05, 2019, 12:54:35 AM »
Hello just introducing myself im jo and i lost mu partner of 34 years last feb, i feel i was on autopilot for so long trying to protect my family but now over a year later it has really hit me

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 07:38:56 AM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 10:04:46 AM »
Hi Jo,it often does hit us later than we expect, as you say being strong for familly but also the period when we are in a kind of shock -sometimes disbelief,then there is usually a lot of practical stuff to sort out - and on top of all that there is often an expctation that society has, so we then impose on ourselves, that grief takes a year and then we start to recover and go back to our "normal" lives - i think its a hang up from the victorians official year of mourning - but the reality is very different.
I found it helped to write here and also by writing and getting replys from others in a similar situation. :hug:

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 11:45:27 AM »
Hello Jo,

So sorry to hear about the loss of your partner. Those with family around them often find themselves trying to support them, rather than focusing on their own feelings, so I am not surprised to hear that this is only just hitting you now. There are so many other things you have to focus on in that first year too, so feelings tend to be neglected in favour of dealing with all the practicalities and official things, but they don't go away, they just build up inside until you have to deal with them, so maybe this is what is happening to you now.

Writing down how you feel and connecting with others who are sadly in the same boat is a good way to seek support however and you will find lots of that here. We are here for as long as you need us.

Sending you a big welcome hug..xx :hug:

Offline Jo

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 02:23:15 PM »
Thankyou for your kind words xx