Author Topic: Bought myself a new scanner.  (Read 2351 times)

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
Bought myself a new scanner.
« on: February 22, 2018, 10:56:02 PM »
My daughter has been pestering me for some time now to start digitsing and saving the 'family archive'. She's been in my loft and found lots of photos of people she doesn't recognise and when I thought about it I realised that a lot of them came from mine and Chris' parents and there are quite a few that I don't recognise so at last I'm doing something about it.

The scanner came today and I got it installed and working. I've now worked my way through 2 photo albums and am just realising whjat a mammoth task I've taken on  :smiley:.

It's really strange because quite suddenly after a couple of hours I suddenly found I couldn't carry on scanning. I came across a photo of Chris using her (then) new overlocker, she couldn't have been happier if I'd given her the crown jewels.

Yesterday I was bored and decided to play with Microsoft Excel to see what I'd forgotten and what I'd remembered - I used to support MS Office users amongst other things - I created a spreadsheet that told me it's 2 years 3 months and 30 days since I lost Chris and for some reason it is hurting very much....
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Bought myself a new scanner.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 07:41:32 AM »
 :hug: sending a big hug. It does catch us like that and I think photos are often the start - but photos are so good too  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 11:14:42 AM »
 :hug:I think seeing bare facts like that and in something as cold and unfeeling as excel is upsetting. Today is my 7th anniversary and i cant really understand why it has been more upsetting then 4,5, and 6.
Then this morning facebook -told me it is 7 years today that some-one i know and I became friends on facebook -I know with absolute certainty i wasnt sitting around on fb this day 7 years ago -i can only think its because another friend from the same real world group of friends, with my permission let people know what had happened by a notification on my timeline so may have added him so he would see it.Its still there though in black and white and that is upsetting even though it is something that occupies our minds daily anyway.

Offline Gingey

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 11:23:59 AM »
 :hug:
Big hug to you Karena today
I am 18 months along and am still finding it difficult so a bit reassuring that you and you George still find things hard.
Photos can either make me cry or make me agitated.
Sometimes I think I am scared of crying in case I dont stop
 :hug:

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 09:25:40 AM »
Well I recovered and carried on scanning all day yesterday, approx 350 down and about 3,500 to go  :grin:
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~