Author Topic: Taking things too personal and have no focu  (Read 2573 times)

Offline Cathy Tazzyman

• New Members
Taking things too personal and have no focu
« on: February 22, 2018, 10:07:20 PM »
Well it has been a year since my dad died, and I thought I was coping really well with losing him. But I do know that I take things way to personally whether its work or home life. My get up and go just went....no mojo. I am making simple mistakes at work and my memory is none existant at the moment, wanting to stay at home and be with my family.... don't want to work...yet I love my job... does this feeling go away.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Taking things too personal and have no focu
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 07:45:11 AM »
Unfortunately grief isnt neat, and although theres alot of assumptions that grief has a time limit, it doesn't.  I found my second year brought its own challenges, and I reevaluated alot of things including work.  Be gentle with yourself, increase some tlc.  This feeling will also pass. You're still finding your feet after your loss xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 10:59:30 AM »
I can only repeat what Emz has said really it is a roller coaster journey and all we can do is go with the ride -but at the same time we become changed because of the experience of losing some-one and it brings home too us the frailty of life and the value of those we love -whereas perhaps in the past we have assumed they will be here tomorow and every day after.Re evaluating our own lives isnt always a bad thing though  -so things you may think you are taking too personally maybe isnt about you but about others around you and your job for example.

Offline Whyme

• New Members
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 10:43:25 AM »
Don't dwell on what you can't do. Also you should be proud of yourself to even realise your mood swings and even better to try not to react in the way you do. I blamed everyone and everything for my hurt and it's only now after 2 years that I feel so horrible of the way I treated family and friends and they didn't abandon me, I  slammed the door in their face then locked myself away so I wouldn't need to speak or see anyone. Very cruel but it's also taught me to understand that I will always be there for another's loss, no matter how they treat me. It's not meant it's a way of letting out anger, depression and all the pain and hurt they feel.And there is only those who have had grief that will understand.  Bless x