Author Topic: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in  (Read 147172 times)

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in
« Reply #285 on: February 15, 2017, 07:23:51 PM »
I think there a danger that we will stop thinking for ourselves and doing for ourselves,already we have cars that we can't fix,so we end up relying on the big corporates for everything and having to buy new stuff every time it breaks down.I saw light fittings when I was looking for the kitchen that come with the bulbs integrated so you can't change the bulb you have to change the whole fitting,and technically if you're being legal get an electrician to do it.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #286 on: February 16, 2017, 11:00:36 PM »
I spent hours today in work with a major power failure. All the networked stuff went offline as the network equipment didn't have an alternative supply and the entire job went to pot. I couldn't help thinking about how Karena Would have been standing there with her candle laughing at everyone running around like headless chickens.  Lol

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #287 on: February 17, 2017, 08:29:59 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:we used to have back up battery's but one by one they went flat and were not replaced.I don't have candles at work but the campervan is parked outside and I have torches,camping stove and kettle .But the only person getting  :coffeetoast:will be the one who doesn't think I,m a Luddite.
The rest will have to have virtual tea in their virtual world.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #288 on: February 18, 2017, 10:50:42 PM »
We've got massive banks of backup supplies but, strangely, nobody thought to connect the main networking cupboard up to one. As a result all the main stuff was working but absolutely useless. :rofl:

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #289 on: February 19, 2017, 08:42:29 PM »
 :rofl:love it when management plans come together.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #290 on: March 02, 2017, 01:39:02 PM »
How is everyone doing today?  I'm at a cringeworthy work event, where teams have stalls and we have enforced networking to get to know each other. I'm at the point when I'm looking for an escape route!!!

Hope everyone is doing OK today xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #291 on: March 02, 2017, 02:03:59 PM »
I'm at a cringeworthy work event, where teams have stalls and we have enforced networking to get to know each other.

Life is full of golden opportunities - this might just be one of them in disguise Emz  :smiley:
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #292 on: March 02, 2017, 04:41:14 PM »
I like your positivity!   Has been an odd day - the team of directors did a (very bad) rap on stage.   But on the plus side I did manage to chat to a couple of colleagues I havent seen in a long time, and as we finished early managed to zip to wilko's afterwards to stock up on bird food.  (my sparrows, blackbirds and doves have been guilt tripping me with their looks since I ran out earlier in the week!)

Looking forward to a quiet evening xx

Hold on in there xx

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #293 on: March 02, 2017, 06:08:13 PM »
Feet up reflecting on the days events trying my best to keep calm and relaxed, xxx

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Bertie

• New Members
« Reply #294 on: March 02, 2017, 06:54:21 PM »
Just managed to log in, like the purple !

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #295 on: March 02, 2017, 07:09:38 PM »
(my sparrows, blackbirds and doves have been guilt tripping me with their looks since I ran out earlier in the week!)

I went and stocked up last weekend at The Range. Spent nearly £30 but I do like watching them. I draw the line at squirrels and wood pigeons coming and scoffing the lot though :evil: .

I've got ar least 3 different Robins that come and they spend a lot of time squaring up to one another. I also get a wren now and again, blue tits, coal tits long tailed tits, goldfinches, starlings, mistle and song thrushes and very occasionally a nuthatch. My favourites are the robins though.

I've got a bird box with a wireless camera in it but so far it's not been nested in. Last autumn a blue tit spent several weeks roosting in it overnight but that's all. I'm hoping that it might be taken into use this year. I've got a webcam link on my website to it for the family if it does get used.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #296 on: March 02, 2017, 08:29:01 PM »
I love watching my birds when I'm home, feels good to help them :-)  I gained a robin recently, he's so brave, he landed down by my knee recently whilst I was crouched filling the peanut feeders :-) xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #297 on: March 02, 2017, 08:38:05 PM »
I had a blutit nest in a very old nesting box at the top of a very old bird table,completely ignoring new nest boxes.The wood legs are rotten and I had propped it up with a view to remodelling it but it was very precarious so I had to wait until the parents were off foraging and keep nipping out to try and make it more secure.It wouldn't have taken much for the wind or a child to topple it.They didn't seem to mind me hovering and the babies fledged safely.

Its way too cold and wet for outdoors recently,which is probably a good thing as I,m plodding away with inside stuff.but I,m keeping an eye out for frogspawn.I usually put it in a bucket indoors if its likely to freeze,then put it back in the pond later in spring.

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #298 on: March 02, 2017, 08:51:59 PM »
When choosing where to nest they do the funniest things.

I no longer hang washing out, it's tumble dryer all year round for me but one of Chris' old peg bags is still hanging by the washing line. I saw one of the Robins recently go into the bag obviously checking it out as a potential nest site  :smiley:

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #299 on: March 05, 2017, 12:05:53 AM »
I'm banned from feeding the birds in work but I did put up a nest box for robins on a tree this week.

I've got no idea when nesting season is though.