Author Topic: signs from loved ones  (Read 6671 times)

Offline Debbie1970

• New Members
signs from loved ones
« on: February 04, 2017, 02:13:10 PM »
Hi I just wanted to see what signs others may have had from loved ones. When I have been upset since losing my daughter in dec 2016 I have kept hearing bird song and seeing individual birds in my garden I feel like its a sign as Lily wrote she would love to be able to fly if she could choose a special power. Not sure if this is right but it makes me smile when I see or hear them.  :hug: to all who need one

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: signs from loved ones
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 09:31:31 PM »
I had something strange happen to my mobile.  I had been thinking of my dad, went to make a phonecall on my mobile, went on to the contacts screen which has 9 thumbprint photos with the names above for my favourite contacts.  Went on that screen and every single thumbprint/name had changed to my dad.  I thankfully took a screenshot to capture that moment. Shortly after it returned to normal, 9 different pictures/names and has not happened since xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Didi63

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 09:53:10 AM »
When my mum passed (12 years this coming August) I felt a prescence, I thought it was my husband stood behind me but when I looked, there was no one there! I then felt a warmth I had never experienced before. Since then I have felt that mum is in a good place.

Since dad passed away (16/01/2017) I was busy at home and I felt someone as if they pushed at me on my side. In the past I have experienced this before but the other day it was a bit rougher.
Each time it happens, I turn to see if there is anyone there and there isn't !

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 06:01:03 PM »
I have had lots of signs,but when I lost my hubby , the first time I really smiled or noticed the sun shining was a robin singing so loud and so persistently it really did feel like a message.We had rescued one a few years earlier and it had become a real character in our garden coming into the house and later bringing its baby's along.But I had been forced to move so hearing this robin singing made it feel like even more of a message,he would have known it was a guaranteed way of getting my attention and getting me to notice anything outside the dark veil that I had wrapped myself in since losing him.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 08:47:34 PM »
I got myself all upset in the clothing section of ASDA when I found myself absent mindedly looking at clothes to buy for my wife after she had passed away. Then I looked down and on the floor and as a poppy keyring exactly the same as the one she always had attached to her handbag. Maybe it was a coincidence but it gave me a lot of comfort. I picked it up and it is now in my memory box.

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 10:28:59 PM »
I think that it's what we all long for (whether secretly or not  :smiley: ) and I've had a few moments when I felt that Chris was next to me for instance, on one occasion just after I had got into bed I felt a soft stroke across my hand.

Is it just our minds/senses playing tricks on us - I don't know, I think it's possible but if that's what's happening that's fine I feel comforted anyway.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 08:57:10 PM »
I think that's the point,none of us really know the logic says no the heart says yes,but grief isn't a set of data,a logical order if anything it demonstrates the differences and the unpredictability of life's journeys so going with the heart seems to me to be the most logical thing to do.

But even from a purely logical view While traditional physics tells us one thing quantum mechanics teaches us that it is not so straight forward and invites us to consider things we may have ruled out before.

Offline loteg

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 10:57:18 PM »
I think that's the point,none of us really know the logic says no the heart says yes,but grief isn't a set of data,a logical order if anything it demonstrates the differences and the unpredictability of life's journeys so going with the heart seems to me to be the most logical thing to do.

But even from a purely logical view While traditional physics tells us one thing quantum mechanics teaches us that it is not so straight forward and invites us to consider things we may have ruled out before.

Offline loteg

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 10:59:37 PM »
I have a playlist on my phone,  I can almost guarantee the 2 special songs will come on,  it's a long playlist,  many hours so I'm sure these songs come up as a sign...

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 05:22:57 PM »
I had that happen the first time I went back in our campervan I was wondering if I,d made a mistake thinking I could carry on on my own and had pulled into a layby,arguing with myself about whether to just turn round and go home when a song came on that wasn't a particular romantic one but one we always both sang along too on previous trips but as its an old van, it had been on tape.My daughter had loaded the iPod  I didn't even know it was on there and had it on shuffle, but it was almost like I was being told the answer to keep going.

Offline loteg

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 12:02:19 AM »
I've had a few unusual things today,  the 1st anniversary would be the 29th,  today a blackbird was on the shed roofing watching me for ages,  then the lights were flickering,  lastly tonight the bathroom light wouldn't come on,  yet when I tried it hours later it did.   None of these things have happened b4,  I'm sure it must be him...i hope so,  I'd love to know he's here with me... Might just keep me going.. 🙁😕💔

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 08:06:02 PM »
 :hug:I would have signs and believe then  thinking it was co incidence,imagination etc would take over but in the end I could as good as hear him shouting what do I need to do to prove I,m here,just as he once said what do I have to do to prove I love you.So now I just quietly acknowledge him,say hello,say I love you send him a smile or a wave.

Offline BT

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2017, 08:45:56 PM »
I had a sign last week, i opened a tin of dog food and the ring pull broke off so i had to do it old school! With a can opener.  I cut my finger on the can in the process. That made me think of the time when i was 7 and i cut my thumb opening a tin and a lady was trying to sell my mum a small fire extinguisher.  She offered to spray my thumb!! My mum made excuses and sent her packing.  Just that one incident made me smile asi tended to my finger.

Offline loteg

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2017, 01:08:04 PM »
Does anyone know if a blackbird is a sign from heaven? It's the first anniversary today and hes been on the shed roof watching me again, he was on the birthday and 1 other time since...

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2017, 01:38:41 PM »
Does anyone know if a blackbird is a sign from heaven?
I can't answer that loteg but my take on these things is that our loved ones stay with us and every now and again something serves to remind us of that. That's near enough a sign for me  :smiley:.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~