Author Topic: signs from loved ones  (Read 6721 times)

Offline loteg

Re: signs from loved ones
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 01:44:12 PM »
Yea,  seems a good way of thinking.. ☺

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 06:10:29 PM »
The blackbird is recognised in neo paganism as a symbol the represents the soul,and in older beliefs as a spiritual guide.I can't answer for sure there is no sure,but I do know if it was me I would be putting food out and encouraging him to hang around,they can be very uplifting  and come back for several years,i have one that i fed as an abandoned fledgling who follows me round the garden.so whether its a sign or not that companionship and the smile a singing one can bring is very valuable just by itself.

Offline loteg

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 06:40:51 PM »
That's good enough for me.. The day hasn't been so bad,  I was dreading it and built it up so much in my head...

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2017, 08:40:37 PM »
 :hug:glad it was bearable,I think a few of us here find the build up is worse than the day.

Offline Rolande

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2017, 04:55:00 PM »
When my husband Charles' ashes were delivered to me at home something happened. After the man left, I just stood there crying so much. The radio was on  and suddenly one of his favourite song started to play. James Galway "Home Away from Home". I took this as a sign that he was now back home and happy. And now I want to keep him here. But that is another problem that I have sort out.
I also remember when my Mum died, I felt her very close to me one evening, It was a comfort just like Charles' song.
Any kind of comfort has got to be good I think.

Offline Rosaleen

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2017, 10:13:27 AM »
A documentary about India recently on the tv  said how Hindus believe that crows are the spirits of our forefathers.My ears instantly pricked up.
 When  George passed away l began to walk my sister in law's dog (which he used to do) in the nearby woods four days a week, to give me A distraction. I also started feeding the crows I would see there each day. They all have their own territories
The crows are 6 different pairs and have come to recognise me from quite a distance, (must have great eyesight)  flying toward me for their food.
 I now like to think that those crows least disturbed by the dog's presence, coming within touching range of me may possibly be spirits from my past.
One in particular is very up front, curious, handsome and bold.

Offline loteg

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2017, 02:41:33 PM »
I have the one blackbird that sits either on the shed roofing or the tree,  it just watches me...i like to think it's my loved one...

Offline Rolande

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2017, 02:45:10 PM »
How lovely Rosaleen. Who knows hey!
I'm seriously think about getting a pet..early day though.