Author Topic: My downhill week  (Read 2696 times)

Offline twenties girl

• New Members
My downhill week
« on: February 24, 2017, 07:31:21 PM »
From having a few happy hours at the weekend, my week went very downhill from there. I have  some decisions to make and being on my own, I would always ask Mum. Something really small, just started it of and Im just feeling so lost without mum. Whenever I drive to work, I always see ambulances driving past me and it always reminds me of the day, when I was driving to work and my sister called me to say, that Mum had called an ambulance. She had a heart attack at home and never recovered.  It always upsets me when I see them and today at work, we had to call an ambulance for one of my clients and I nearly broke down. I had to go and hide away until they had gone.
Until you experience grieving, theres now way you can imagine how you feel.
Being a single mum is tough, but to lose the person who was your rock, just tears you apart.
This is just so tough and Im crying whilst typing this.
Its comforting to be on here, knowing that people just understand.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: My downhill week
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 09:22:13 PM »
Sending a big hug your way  :hug: 
Some days seem to throw us continuous upsetting reminders.  Be gentle with yourself tonight, do something a bit pampering, some TLC and rest xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 09:32:32 PM »
 :hug: its so difficult making decisions on your own .I would say don't make major ones at the moment unless you have too,if you do then try listing pros and cons of the options,you may find that helps when you see the lists.Also ask yourself what your mum would have said because I think that way they are always with us in our hearts and minds,and if we search inside ourselves we know what they would have said.
Things like the ambulance is a natural reaction.For a long time I couldn't watch casualty suddenly after years of watching it,I know you're probably sick of hearing it but in time things like that reaction will fade.

Offline twenties girl

• New Members
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 08:45:38 PM »
Thank you. Just knowing everyone on here knows what your feeling and what your going through is comforting. I don't feel like an outsider. I went swimming today with the kids today and the black cloud lifted a little. My son got man of the match at football today, so that lifted me too. Mum would've been the first person we would've rung to tell.

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 10:09:41 PM »
Well done to your Son.  One day at a time is all you can expect.  She is watching over you all. Sending hugs.  Penny x

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 11:25:02 PM »
Sorry to hear you have had a bad week. I know only too well that things can seem to be going well then everything starts to go downhill again. Wouldn't it be nice if grief was a smooth journey with little improvements every day rather than being so unpredictable from one moment to the next?

I hope you find next week easier to cope with.  :hug: