Author Topic: leap year  (Read 2840 times)

Offline loteg

leap year
« on: February 25, 2017, 01:01:29 PM »
Hi, my B/f passed just before midnight on Feb 29th...I'm lost with which day would be his anniversary this year, part of me thinks the 1st...but i don't know..its daft but its really upsetting me.  :cry:

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
Re: leap year
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 01:46:53 PM »
Hi & Welcome.  So sorry for your loss.  It's not daft at all and I'm not surprised your upset.  I lost my brother in July 2015 and when it came to the anniversary I was in pieces.  He died in New Zealand and past at some point during the night add that to the time difference it was impossible for me to get my head round the what the exact time and date was, so I do understand how much turmoil you must be in.  Which ever day you go with will be ok.  We are here for you.  Sending massive hugs.  Take care.  Penny x 

Offline loteg

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 02:28:14 PM »
Its awful, I feel proper poorly....

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 07:44:45 PM »
It Gary's but in the UK,if you have something legal to do with age its the first,so if your 18th is the 29th,technically you can't drink alcohol until the first.
Anniversary's are difficult I decided on the first one that trying to pretend it isn't happening was worse than marking it in some way, so maybe if you think of something meaningful to you that is a mark of the love you shared planning that is a diversion daft as that sounds.Maybe because its a bit like you're doing something for them.

Offline loteg

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 10:55:39 PM »
I'm setting off some fireworks as he loved them....I'll feel better doing something for him,  although staying under the duvet is tempting to... 🙁

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 11:40:58 PM »
That is something I would never have thought about. I think Karenas answer is the most likely as 29th Feb is the day after the 28th in a leap year just as 1st March is any other year.