Author Topic: New member  (Read 2966 times)

Offline sadtimes41

« on: February 25, 2017, 10:31:24 PM »
Hi, all,
I lost my amazing and wonderful mum at the end of November to Lung Cancer.
 I am a single mum of a teenage daughter, and have no one at all now to be there for us both.
    When mum was diagnosed nearly a year ago, it was like being hit by a bus but watching yourself from above. An outer body experience which still has not gone away.
    Being only three months ago it is still very raw and i still think about phoning my mum up every time something happens i know she would want to hear.
 The crying is easing of, but it is still every day at least four times.
   The hardest thing is trying to want to carry on living without her.  This world is a cold and empty place without her, which i really am finding it hard to carry on with.
    Thank you very much to you all for posting your thoughts on hear.
         Until now i have not been able to look at any bereavement sites, and this one is lovely.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 10:50:40 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:  sorry for your loss, it's such a rollercoaster journey.  There is certainly a lovely bunch of people here, hope you find it helps you too xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 11:35:41 PM »
Welcome to the forum. I am really sorry to hear of your loss.

you have noticed that your crying is easing off even though you still cry many times daily. It does slowly get easier to cope but there are many setbacks along the way. Try to take each day as it comes 

Wishing you strength.  :hug:

Offline sadtimes41

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 03:52:57 PM »
Thank you both very much for your lovely words of encouragement.  It does make life a little bit more bearable to know that you are not the only person going through a very tough time. xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 09:51:02 PM »
Sometimes it can seem like we are the only ones grieving. Even family and friends tend to hide the full extent of their grief. That's what I like about the forum. We all know what it is like and there is no need for a mask or pretence of coping. It lets us no we are not the only ones struggling.

Offline Lost daughter

• New Members
  • Love, live and laugh daily ❤
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 10:05:27 PM »
Stay strong my lovely, I lost my dad in December I feel your pain ❤ xx