Author Topic: Time  (Read 4829 times)

Offline Silverbirch

Re: Time
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2017, 10:48:17 PM »
Hello Karena,

I agree totally, a poem can say so much with just a few words, the reader can also construe those words to their own predicament or situation which results in the message becoming personal to them.

The first poem I wrote for Pat, I read at her funeral,they were my words to her and I needed to say them but it was the hardest two minutes of my life getting through the reading without breaking down. I look back to that day and wonder how the hell I managed to do it but I am so glad did.

You must point me to one of your poems you have written on here.

Take Care

SB.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2017, 10:56:51 PM »
Hi silverbirch. Welcome to the forum.

Your first post summed up exactly some of the feelings I have had since losing my wife last March. Nobody tells us grieving is going to be this hard and, until we experience it ourselves, I doubt we would believe then even if they could find the words.

Offline Silverbirch

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2017, 11:05:07 PM »
Hello Hubby,thanks for your welcome,

I totally agree with you, that's why boards like these can be so important, as I mentioned previously, you feel as though your words are not wasted because you are sharing them with the people who truly know your grief rather than the people who say they know your grief.

Take Care

SB

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2017, 11:12:40 PM »
Knowing and feeling our grief is so much different xxxx

:hearts:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐