Author Topic: Loss of a lovely lady  (Read 2537 times)

Offline Stephen

• New Members
Loss of a lovely lady
« on: March 04, 2017, 11:10:38 AM »
I lost my beloved Judy last December after a long fight with cancer. I feel lost and alone. I know I need to go out and meet people but I don't know how to !
I miss feminine company but dont know how to find it . I guess it's pretty pathetic really but that's how is is for me at the moment

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
Re: Loss of a lovely lady
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 04:01:17 PM »
HI Stephen and welcome, although very sorry you have needed to find a bereavement group like ours.  So sorry for the loss of your wife.  Please tell us about her.  Take care Penny x

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 04:33:21 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:
Its not pathetic Stephen, we all need company of others xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Stephen

• New Members
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 05:03:18 PM »
Judy had been suffering with cancer which originated in the breast in 2012 and then manifested itself again in 2015 when the cancer had spread to the liver and her bones.
It was terrible just seeing her fade away. She had undergone various types of chemotherapy but to no avail. She died on Christmas Eve in 2016.

It was terrible ! I was holding her hand and talking to her when she died. Judy had had enough and just wanted to die. I suppose I wanted her to die too because I didn't want her to have any more pain and suffering. She was 69
I was devastated when she died even though I suppose I should have got used to the idea over the many months that she was having chemo. I just couldn't face up to living without her. I still can't.

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 05:30:25 PM »
Sending a welcome   :hug: Stephen, x

So sorry for your loss, i hope that by joining the group you can find some comfort, weve all lost someone very close to us, and believe me Stephen nothing about how you are feeling is pathetic, its normal for you to be feeling as you do, its early days for you, please keep posting to us xx
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline fishermanmike

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 06:17:01 PM »
hello stephen first of all my conndolences on your loss.
i to lost my wife in dec 2016. the need for company female or male is fully understandable.
it is not wrong/weak etc its natural. we are used to having our partners to talk to.
i am just the same as you.  the lovely kind people on this forum will help you just as much as they are helping me to cope
 keep talking
best regards mike

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 11:56:40 PM »
Hi Stephen. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

I don't think you could have got used to the idea of losing your partner no matter how much time you had to prepare. Losing someone who we have spent so much of our lives with is something that we simply cannot prepare for. Our entire life changes and it is going to take quite some time to get our heads around the changes.

Wishing you strength.

:hug: