Author Topic: Struggling  (Read 1958 times)

Offline Polly64

• New Members
Struggling
« on: March 10, 2017, 05:08:36 AM »
Hi everyone
My mum died suddenly in January and I am finding it very hard to deal with. I've joined here to chat, offload and hopefully realise that what I feel like is normal following the death of someone so close!
Pauline x

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Struggling
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 07:36:53 AM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:  it's a rollercoaster journey, and I'm sure you will feel reassured that your feelings are normal  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Rolande

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 12:10:22 PM »
Hi. I know how you feel. My Mum died as well. It was 20 years ago but the pain stays with you. It will get easier with time..it will. This time of the year with Mother's Day around the corner always seems worse. Sending a hug

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 08:03:11 AM »
Hi Polly. Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

It does help to get your feelings out, whether that be talkin or writing them down, rather than keep them running amok in your head. Somehow it helps us to organise and make sense of the many different things that swirl around our minds.

There is no normal for grief. No two people grieve the same, even if it's for the same person. There are common experiences but we all do it differently and at different timescales. Be assured that what you are feeling is perfectly normal for you.

Wishing you strength.

:hug: