Author Topic: My husband's ashes What do I do!  (Read 2498 times)

Offline Rolande

My husband's ashes What do I do!
« on: March 23, 2017, 04:43:48 PM »
I really don't know what to do. My husband ashes were delivered to me after cremation. He died 10 weeks ago today. I hate Thursdays!! He didn't want any kind of funeral or service. We' d agreed on this. He told me where he would like to have his ashes scattered and in May (his birthday) the children and I are supposed to adhere to his wished. But, since I have received his ashes at home, I find it a comfort. I chat to him about all sorts..How am I going to let him go..again!!

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: My husband's ashes What do I do!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 11:45:55 PM »
Would you be breaking that promise if you scattered them in May but maybe not this may.Also have you considered keeping some.A small amount either in or made into a piece of jewellery.Its very early days yet to make a decision if you are having some doubts.M

My husband made no requests he died suddenly but neither me or his children could make a decision and getting together was also geographically difficult.His son collected the ashes and kept them.It took six years.Both his daughters and mine have kept some for jewellery.and we scattered half of the rest and I brought the rest home.I have got a plain casket ordered and will get an artist friend to paint our favourite place on it.It will just be like a jewellery box to anyone who doesn't know not an urn on the mantelpiece.But I,be told my girls I want half my ashes in there with him and they can do what they want with the rest,or if they prefer scatter us together in that place.All this happened two weeks ago but I too,even after all this time,am glad to have at least part of him with me.Even though my personal belief is that the spirit is separate from the body and his spirit has always been close.

Offline Rolande

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 04:21:32 PM »
Thank you for your reply Karena.
It's a brilliant idea of yours..next May. I'll speak to the children and see what they think.
It's early days yet and I find it difficult to make decision.
Thank you

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 07:47:06 AM »
Hi Rolando.

Like Karena I would say put off the decision until you are strong enough to make it. It's early days for you and you need all the comfort you can get. Better to defer doing anything than rush into a decision you cannot undo. 

:hug: