Author Topic: Brother died 13th January please help  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Ollie22

Brother died 13th January please help
« on: March 26, 2017, 07:23:04 PM »
Hi All
I am new to this site. I need help to get through this sad time. Let me give you a bit of back ground. My dad died when I was 3 and my brother was 16 he took on this role as our dad. My mum died when I was 32 from heart disease my brother was there for me again we got through it together. Three years ago my sister died an awful death after a number of heart attacks which caused organ failure and she was so scared of dieing an awful experience. We got through it together. My brother was super fit. In June 2016 he had to have a quadruple heart bypass we were shocked. Thankfully he got through it really well until January 13th 2017 he had a cardiac arrest and died. My world as fallen apart I feel like I have lost a parent not a brother I cannot talk to anyone I cannot cry I want to scream why am I losing everyone I love. I have 2 sister's left. But me and my brother had a special bond. I know things get easier but I feel so down at the moment. I am trying to be strong for his wife but I feel like my heart has been ripped out of my chest. Please can anyone help me.

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
Re: Brother died 13th January please help
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 08:45:36 PM »
Hi Ollie and welcome.  Although very sad that you have needed to find us.  My heart goes out to you Ollie, you have truely been through some rough times and still going through them.  I hope you can find some comfort and support amoungst people who have lost loved ones and know how difficult live is.  Please keep posting, tell us more about the ones you have lost.  Sending massive hugs. Penny x

Offline Ollie22

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 08:57:24 PM »
I think the biggest thing I am trying to come to terms with is that I was having a chat with him on the Friday about his daughters wedding on Easter Sunday. He had been for a measurement for his suit. This was at 5pm and he was fine saying how excited he was and by 8pm that night he had died. We tried so hard to do CPR but it was not to be. I feel lost. Each day is like I am not really living it just going through the motions.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 09:11:01 PM »
Hi Ollie.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It must be doubly difficult for you as he was both a brother and father to you and you helped each other through your previous losses. It is bound to be harder this time without the rock that you are used to having support you through the grieving process.

Wishing you strength.