Author Topic: Re: Loss of a husband and friend  (Read 2365 times)

Offline Penguin123

• New Members
Re: Loss of a husband and friend
« on: September 08, 2017, 08:12:38 PM »
Hi Everyone, I am so glad I have found this website and forum.  My husband passed away in March 2016 after being diagnosed with cancer.  I am coping from day to day but still find some days are worse than others and moments where I find it difficult to cope.  I am a carer and have worked in the current residential home for just over a year.  One of our residents passed away just over a week ago and I realise that every time we lose a resident my feelings are 'hit' just a little bit more each time.  It's difficult to describe but I find myself thinking more about my husband and missing him even more as well as feeling sad for the resident that has passed away.  I feel fortunate to have found a good home and enjoy my time working with all the residents.  I find the job very rewarding as I get to know the residents better.  I feel that I don't have anyone that I can talk to about my husband and hope that this forum will help me and in turn I will be able in time to help others overcome their bereavement and grief.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 08:37:31 PM »
Hi and welcome too the forum.I think there is always a time when we get by day to day then something reminds us,I think perhaps there always will be.Its 6 years since I lost my husband and yet last week I found myself really struggling to support some one else in the hospital,because even though they have changed the ward numbers I knew which one I was sitting in.It happens less but it still happens,and I imagine for you in your job ,you do find yourself struggling.But on the other hand you enjoy a job that many people wouldn't do.Having worked i n residential homes myself in the past I know how rewarding it can be on the other side of the coin and that is the side you focus on usually and over time will come to do so most of the time. :hug:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 08:47:07 PM »
There's a lovely bunch of people here who understand,  its good to talk with others xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Penguin123

• New Members
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 09:20:39 PM »
Thank you Karena and Emz2014 for your welcome and replies.

Offline Fleur

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 09:30:07 PM »
Hi Penguin123.
I can really relate to your situation and I offer my heartfelt condolences. My husband died very suddenly and unexpectedly in February and I too find that some days are hard to cope with. I understand that it can be difficult to talk and don't want to turn your post into too much about myself, I just wanted to say that if you want to talk maybe we could help each other. I'd like to be here for you, if you find that acceptable.
This too shall pass.