Author Topic: 5 weeks  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Paul2191

5 weeks
« on: July 22, 2018, 08:31:32 PM »
Hi. my soul mate and lovely partner passed away 5 weeks ago. Classic misdiagnosis from the hospital . Gill was 57 .
Anger at the injustice has helped me to cope until now. I think now that its come to denial in accepting what has happened.
The gut pain has been with me since Gill passed . It doesn,t subside in any way.
Ive noticed that the little things in our past relationship seem to be important now. Such as the banter and little shows of affection that required no effort at the time .
I have no idea on how to cope with this situation . Never felt so low and alone in my entire life.

Paul

Offline Lost675

Re: 5 weeks
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 10:47:46 PM »
Hi Paul. I'm nearly 7 months into this, having suddenly lost my husband, he was 50. I don't think we know how to cope, we just survive through each day as best we can. In the early weeks I felt so desperate and stayed in denial for a long time. However, the denial has slipped away, I don't exactly know when but I think time does change things as it goes by. It went from a constant agony with constant huge waves of grief to the waves coming a little less often and a little smaller. Keeping busy, is how I always cope so I have less thinking time. I've also got better at keeping my grief to myself with lots of practice so I feel I gave some control when everything has been so out if my control. Hang in there, I know the loneliness is crippling but you're not alone  sadly there are many if us here and someone is always there to listen. I've found this site invaluable, hope it helps you too. Take care.

Offline Anna

• New Members
Re: 5 weeks
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 11:36:45 PM »
Hi Paul. Hang in there.  I am finding it helps to deal with one day at a time, one hour at a time.  I lost my husband three months ago suddenly.  The shock and despair you're going through is tough. Hang on tight.