Author Topic: im new to group  (Read 2038 times)

Offline sharon dumbleton

im new to group
« on: July 02, 2017, 02:24:17 AM »
im new to the group x I lost my Dave, my love and my life in February this year and ............... thats just it isnt it? and now what?  Im a positive person and on the outside im doing fine but inside the pain is indiscribable and all consuming.  Its recently hit me that this isnt a dream and that Dave is not here, not coming home, hes not away with the army in some far off land for months like he used to be, and I actually feel worse than I have done for weeks.  34 years together of pure happiness and im one of the lucky ones we had it all, and I now feel that im just going through the motions for everyone else and pray every night that God gives my life to someone who needs and wants to be here with their loved ones and allows Dave to come and take me into his arms forever.  Sorry :(

Offline WOODY

Re: im new to group
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 01:37:06 PM »
Hi Sharon,
Really sorry for your loss. I lost my Wife in December 2016.
I hope you are getting support from the Army bereavement dept, have you been in touch with SAFFA ,

This is a great group, I have found people here a great comfort and some stories I have heard here, have actually made me laugh, which I have not been able to do since my Wife passed..

As I have said to many people, grief, does not come with a user manual, so we are all trying to muddle through this horrendous situation  that we have all been put in, it is a very cruel world, you are happy with everything in your life, then bang it jumps up and kicks you, it is so hard.

I do hope that being here, will be a help to you, take care

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 07:31:51 PM »
Sending a welcome hug Sharon  :hug:  its a rollercoaster journey, hold on in there xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 09:08:47 PM »
Hi Sharon.so sorry for what has happened. :hug:
This is a roller coaster journey,and feeling like you're back at the start is all too common.When I lost my husband I had to move house and I remember hanging his dressing gown up in the new house and telling myself he was working away.I think its the minds way of protecting us only really allowing the reality of what's happened filter in slowly.I am a lot further down this road than you,but a turning point for me was deciding to try and live my life for him,doing stuff we used to love doing,stuff we never got round too,and occasionally things he would have loved to do,but I would have sat out on.Not easy,but even just planning how to go about it occupied my mind.I suppose really I was trying to show him life through my eyes,and if the day ever comes when I,m back in his arms there will be plenty to talk about.
Coming here helped me a lot,writing helped,writing and knowing others were reading who do understand this journey,and when I first came here I didn't imagine I would ever use the laugh emojie but I have.