Author Topic: I'm Rachael  (Read 2433 times)

Offline Rachaellee

I'm Rachael
« on: August 09, 2017, 12:56:41 AM »
Hi Everyone ~ My name is Rachael. My husband passed away July 20. The first thing I did was rip my house to shreds. I was just so angry. The next two weeks, I guess I was numb, and now I just feel lost and hopeless. I'm not originally from the UK, and live in a rural area without any real support. I have been trying to close up my husband's affairs, and it seems like everything comes with more problems. The funeral was prepaid for, but it has been one incompetent act after another by the funeral home. I try to do eveything right, and it's always some issue, some problem, or downright insensitivity. I told a neighbour yesterday that my husband passed away and his reponse was, 'I guess you'll be out painting the town red soon' and 'I should get a cat'.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: I'm Rachael
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 08:27:27 AM »
Sending a hug  :hug:
It truly is a rollercoaster journey, so many emotions and challenges.  Unfortunately people who haven't lost anyone cant quite understand.  Prior to loss many people think all is ok again after the funeral, but that couldn't be further than the truth! Xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Gingey

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 03:19:11 PM »
Hi
Agree with people thinking all will be ok after funeral, then its firsts...I have found this to be not the case...
I am repeatedly told to get a dog..
  :hug:

Offline Rachaellee

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 07:36:05 PM »
I told the neighbour, if I had a pet, I would not have been able to spend the entire week at the hospital at my husband's bedside, taking care of him. (I literally slept 7 hours in 7 days. I do not recommend it under any circumstances) And, if something happened to me, and I needed to go into the hospital, there would be no one to look after the pet. What I felt like saying to him is, a cat is not going to fill the void in my life.