Author Topic: Wanting to help others, but it's taken me 20 years to do this.  (Read 2090 times)

Offline karine

• New Members
Wanting to help others, but it's taken me 20 years to do this.
« on: October 05, 2017, 03:57:25 PM »
 Hello,

You might think why it has taken me nearly 20 years to be here, but I tried to deal with it on my own. But having met so many people in the same situation and having watched Rio Ferdinand's documentary and now reading the book, I feel I want to offer help to anyone who needs it.
My husband died tragically from a heart attack one thursday afternoon. No indication that anything was wrong. Our 3 children and I said goodbye in the morning and by the afternoon, our lives had changed forever!
Our children then were aged 20,17 and 11. How do you tell your children that daddy is not coming back? The 2 eldest were at work, the youngest at school. We have been through very rough and tough times together. But we have come out the other side appreciating life for everyday that it brings. We cry still, but laugh too of happy times when we were a family.
This is why I have joined this forum as, not only do I still feel at times that I want the support from others, but also that hopefully I can help others.
You never get over losing someone so close, grief is a big thing and we all deal with it differently, time is not a healer but a way of moving on and dealing with the ordinary day.
Well, this is my introduction so far....hope it makes some sense! :wink: