« on: January 29, 2018, 09:32:44 PM »
I
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:50:06 PM by GHOST »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Coffee
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 10:26:29 PM »
I recommend douwe egberts coffee - really tasty and instant so no grinding or performance required  :-)
But would also say if suffering with anxiety try not to drink too much coffee, stick to around 2-3 coffees a day depending on your sensitivity as caffeine in large doses creates anxiety like symptoms and can make anxiety worse.  (When mines playing up I reduce my intake and substitute some with de-decaffeinated (douwe egberts de-caff tastes the same)

Other than that I'm addicted to pukka teas!  Even found one that does seem to help me sleep :-) xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 12:39:32 PM »
kenco instant  (fair trade to make it more guilt free) -but what Emz said - dont go too mad with it - personally i cant function in the morning without a coffee (or two) but i dont touch it after that or i am buzzing all night. Decaff is another option but as i have sugar in coffee and not in tea, i go for tea any time after 11 am. Even good old yorkshire tea that has caffeine in is less pwerful than coffee as there is much less concentrated in tea.

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 08:27:34 PM »
I put a foot on a very slippery slope coffee wise last year when I got into the habit of making a brew for myself every morning about 11:30 'ish. I make enough for 2 x mugs in a stove top maker but I try to limit myself to that for the day (second one microwaved later on).

I always buy Taylors Hot Lava Java (No. 6) but I fear that I've become 'immune' to anything weaker. I had a couple of packs of M&S ground coffee given me for Christmas but it was only No.3 so I make it in a cafetiere instead using twice as much coffee  :smiley:.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~