Author Topic: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in  (Read 147364 times)

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2016, 07:48:16 PM »
Yay sun was out today and I finally look slightly less pallid shame I only have 2 days left.Discovered my daughter officially has THE mother in law from hell.I heard the rumours of course,I met her at their wedding and also saw what a manipulating cow she can be,but today took the biscuit.thankfully she lives in Korea most of the time,otherwise there may be another accidental shooting through the bathroom door trial in Pretoria,but I,m not an athlete and have two legs so might not get off quite so easily.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2016, 08:31:13 PM »
Glad you are having some sun :-) , it's cold and dreary here. One of the weather forecasts even described it as dreary!
We popped out for some lunch, then have been relaxing at home.  Quiet time and did my nails :-) xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2016, 09:22:38 PM »
Not happy to hear I will be returning to dreary,although not entirely unexpected.not sure what's happening back there but from scrolling through fb it seems political panic has Brocken out.
Off to visit the cradle of mankind tomorow,then its off to the airport and the start of what's going to be a particularly long return trip.most of Tuesday will be spent at schipol,though I,m considering breaking the mould and being a bit daring maybe skip off into Amsterdam for a bonus jaunt before the final leg back to drearyness.

Offline missfrier

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2016, 08:57:31 AM »
hi every one  hope  every is ok    im sorry nto been on  bradley poorly  so not  had  much time 

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2016, 05:08:13 PM »
Hope Bradley is better soon, there seems to be so many bugs about!
Today's weather was more promising, with sunshine but I had to travel to London for a meeting and it was dreary/grey there! Typical I missed the sunshine lol! Xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Jude M

« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2016, 07:53:12 PM »
The sunshine  by passed Shropshire, it has been a cloudy, cold day. No fun when you are doing the dog  walk and feel the cold before you leave the house  :sad:
I get up, go to work and survive another day .

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2016, 08:16:58 PM »
Back home back to work it doesn't get much drearier than that.was stuck in the airport for 8 hours with all the security and some of the poor people who would have been going from Brussels being diverted it wasn't much fun.I had intended a jaunt into Amsterdam but the trains were cancelled.I,m not complaining given the circumstances but it makes you think yet again how precarious all our lives are. :sad:
Ben was happy to see me back.He was perfectly well looked after but he has changed.Used to be when we came back he would sulk for a couple of days to punish us but since Keith died he doesn't bother pretending just turns into a soppy tail wagging heap of fuss.perhaps I am crediting a dogs mind too highly but I wonder if it is that he remembers Keith not coming back.Either way I always feel guilty leaving him.

Hope bradly is feeling better
Spring is just around the corner and I,m sure we will be feeling warmer less dreary and more able to shake off the lurgys,but today I was cold,very cold.Got some sleep to catch up on too.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2016, 09:38:13 PM »
Aw karena, this weather and work pretty rubbish after your lovely break! At least almost a long bank hol wkend!
Aww bless, i bet Ben loved seeing you.  Makes me smile with Raz, I only have to pop out 2 mins and I always get a big, wiggly bum, tail wagging greeting. Dogs certainly brighten up life, bless them.

How is Bradley now Lisa?
Juse, hope you're staying warm on those dog walks
Bet Norma is up to some mischief :-)

Ive had a good day.  Finally shaken off the weird dizziness I've been suffering from for about a week, my friend had her first baby and all went well.  Worked my socks off today, cleared loads of intense work and updated my projections which are all looking good.  Cooked a chilli whilst listening/singing along to a Richard Hawley cd, which was really tasty followed by a glass of red.  First time in quite a while have felt like this :-) so making the most of it

Hugs to all xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Jude M

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2016, 11:59:09 PM »
Today I drove with Pip my dog to Llandudno as it would have been my husbands birthday today. Left Telford with cloud which lasted all the way to Llandudno. After  being there about an hour, the sun was trying to poke it way through the clouds, then suddenly the clouds disappeared had blue sky and wall to wall sunshine.
I did make a friend on the beach, will put a photo up tomorrow as it is so funny  :azn:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2016, 10:16:50 AM »
Llandudno seems popular this weekend, a friend of mine has been there too this weekend :-)

Was so lovely to see sunshine and blue skies yesterday, makes such a difference to our moods.  Started yesterday with some ball play with Raz in the garden then had a nice trip to Chepstow for a stroll and explore. Had a lovely tapas lunch when we got home, selection of meats, fried halloumi, gluten free tomato+garlic flatbread, hummus, olives and feta. (Think the theme for this weekend will be food lol!) In the afternoon spent time sorting out the shed and utility room, with lots of time in the garden, refilling bird feeders and cleaning birdbath.  Raz loved it, wandering around with his ball and he was so tired by the eve :-)  can't wait for more sunshine filled days

How is everyone today?  What are you all up to?

Sending a hug to anyone who needs one xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2016, 10:42:26 AM »
Hi, finally arrived home from a few days away, was stuck on M1 for 50 minutes not moving then 10 minutes at 5 mile an hour, there had been an accident so M1 north bound was closed  for an hour and an half, i just hope there were no fatalities or serious injury. Anyway im  doing nothing today my granddaughter has  walked my little legs  off for the past 3 days, oh to have the energy of a 22 year old again lol. Hope everyone has a Nice relaxing easter, but can soon pop the kettle on if anyone needs a chat or is at a loose end. 

(((Hugs))) to everyone
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2016, 11:07:40 AM »
Pop those legs up norma and indulge in a film with some Popcorn or nibbles  :hug:  glad you've had good time xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2016, 05:59:07 PM »
Just wondering what was tasty Emz the food or Richard Hawley . :laugh:
Norma I wish I had the legs of a 22 year old too but while I,m making the request I would like them longer as well.
Llandudno is a lovely place wish I lived in wales,that was our big plan,work a few more years and go live in a caravan,obviously not to be,but as the caravan park we were going too is no more we might have been in a bit of a mess.
I took my couch surfer shopping for stuff for his place.I don't think black wallpaper in the bathroom was ever going to work especially as it was not even the waterproof type paper.I talked him into tiles.
Another couple of weeks and I will have my house back.in some ways nice but I will miss having someone for a natter and a cup of tea.no doubt I will get used to it again.
Boys are coming for lunch tomorrow so got to hide easter eggs round the house for egg hunt.best do it in the morning or I will forget where I hid them.
Otherwise its garden or house diy for the rest of the weekend.hoping for garden weather as I,m moving a pond.the froggys were busy yesterday and filled the old one with frogspawn which means I have to sort the new one before it hatches or wait for winter.

Offline Jude M

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2016, 06:51:07 PM »
I had been told that a murmuration ( flock of starlings ) was not far from me. So Pip ( my dog )  and myself  decided that  yesterday afternoon we  would   go and see it.
Had a lovely walk around the nature reserve but when it was time for the murmuration the the birds were at the far end of the mere, so didn't really have a good close up of them   :sad:
And you can bet, if I was at the far end they would have been at the other end of the mere :grin:
Always this December/January to see it again.

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2016, 07:03:54 PM »
Wow Jude arent you the clever one know the correct term for a flock of starlings id never heard of it, but bad luck chuck, that would be me, only two ends but guarantee stand at the wrong end lol. Xxxx :angry:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐