Author Topic: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in  (Read 147378 times)

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in
« Reply #525 on: June 14, 2018, 11:11:03 AM »
I wasnt serious - ask my girls i didnt taser them (there were times when a cattle prod might have been useful though. :rofl:

According to the Trossachs national park site they are trying to create a grey squirel free buffer zone up there.Its a difficult dilemma i like the greys too -and its not as though theyre deliberately murdering the reds - but as increasingly wildlife habitat is vanishing everything is under pressure - i read a piece on FB last night about five mammals likely to become extinct -i worry about peoples comprehension levels when it came to the comments though.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 11:30:20 AM by Karena »

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #526 on: June 15, 2018, 10:29:06 PM »
O
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:29:29 PM by GHOST »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #527 on: June 16, 2018, 08:37:47 AM »
 :rofl: :-) xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #528 on: June 22, 2018, 11:16:25 PM »
G
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:29:54 PM by GHOST »

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #529 on: June 23, 2018, 05:05:00 PM »
Here's one i have just finished Emz  :smiley:  this one won't dig your garden for ya and neither will Karens Taser work on him  :rofl:
Cheers

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #530 on: June 24, 2018, 09:50:26 AM »
That's beautiful! Love it!
I had a new camera for my birthday and I managed to get a lovely photo of one of the foxes,  I'll have to add it later (just need to adjust the size first) xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #531 on: June 24, 2018, 10:58:26 AM »
C
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:30:15 PM by GHOST »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #532 on: July 26, 2018, 10:14:38 PM »
So is everyone melting or is anyone managing to stay cool in this extreme weather?  I'm not a big summer fan and am definitely looking forward to it cooling down a bit.

Am feeling for the wildlife, must be getting harder for them to find water.  Am trying to keep my birdbath fresh and full and have put a bowl out for any other critters.(many years ago I saw a hedgehog in my garden so hope there might still be one around)
Hold on in there xx

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #533 on: July 26, 2018, 10:48:23 PM »
T
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:30:43 PM by GHOST »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #534 on: July 27, 2018, 08:04:30 AM »
Ooo watch out, karena is back!  :rofl:   
As for me, I am enjoying a nice cold raspberry cider in the eve  :cheesy: xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #535 on: July 27, 2018, 10:53:28 PM »
Foxes are really trying my patience now, just found they have been digging in another pot - tipping soil all over the gravel and have likely (can't see as it's too dark at the moment) killed/dislodged all the seedlings that were doing really well  :angry:  :undecided:
If they keep this up I will have to look into deterrents.  Didnt want to as would rather co-exist but they are really starting to destroy my garden now!! Not a happy bunny!!
Hold on in there xx

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #536 on: July 28, 2018, 09:19:42 AM »
Morning folks, we had rain here last night, I put my new bird bath outside the other day but must refill it today unless the rain has done it for me 😂, I bought two baths but filled the other one with wild bird seed mix and dried mealworms, most of that had gone yesterday when I looked, so I’ll refill them today. I’ve not seen any foxes here or hedgehogs 🦔. Easy day here, bit of tidying round and might get up in the loft with a few things, got some washing to do and must nip to Aldi for some mineral water and bread, have a good day all xx😊😊

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #537 on: July 28, 2018, 06:13:34 PM »
We've had a few rain showers today, have actually been enjoying the coolness  :azn:  I'm hoping the rain has refilled my birdbath too so I can have a night off filling it  :grin:

Have felt a bit more energetic today, have sorted through some clothes, had a tidy round and changed the bedding (& washing machine on)  Will have that lovely fresh 'like Spring' new bedding feel tonight that helps you fall asleep :grin:  (that always subsides a bit after the first night!)  xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #538 on: July 29, 2018, 01:48:05 PM »
It's ok you don't have to think me for bringing you some bad weather back. :rofl:Not that it was bad there maybe slightly cooler than you guys had it but it is the middle of their winter.Didnt prevent me snorkling though but having ensured I had thick soled surf shoes to guard against stonefish and urchins and speaking of tasering I had to do a quick exit from one of the tidal pools when I spotted an electric wray .I suspect their aim is better than mine although i suspect aim wouldn't matter in a pool of salt water. :rofl:I am the opposite to you Emz I love hot and sunny but Friday afternoons humidity was a bit much not helped by the impending thunderstorms which are predictable by a headache.
Pleasantly surprised that most of my plants survived.Cauliflowers bolted and having survived the heat depending on the water in the pond I stood them in I now have concerns the tomatoes might not appreciate the wind and wet feet so might have to bring them in and learn some window ledges.This afternoon meanwhile I need to do something with the massive bowl of blackcurrents.I think Jam is favourite.There are only so many crumbles a girl can eat and I have discovered you can make jam in a bread maker.Wish me luck I have visions of the chamber thing being filled with solid irremovable blackcurrent goo but here goes. :rofl:

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #539 on: July 29, 2018, 02:49:38 PM »
"I have discovered you can make jam in a bread maker" - That got me thinking Karena and from the little bit of reading I've just done the advice seems to be that you should only do so if your bread maker has a "Jam" setting otherwise you're likely to boil it over onto the heating elements. If you've got a slow cooker, then that seems to be a better bet  :smiley:
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~