Author Topic: Finding it hard to move forward  (Read 2568 times)

Offline Kes1968

Finding it hard to move forward
« on: July 26, 2018, 08:54:50 AM »
Missing mum so much, today would have been her birthday. I’m finding it really hard to move forward and enjoy life. I sometimes wonder what for. I just want to be with her at times and I don’t know if I want to carry on without her
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 08:56:58 AM by Kes1968 »

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Finding it hard to move forward
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 11:35:34 AM »
 :hug: Anniverasries, birthdays etc are really difficult. I found moving forward can come by thinking about them and what they enjoyed in life and then discovering those things for myself.With my mum it was wildlife and gardening, i created a memory corner in my own garden, with bird feeders, a little water feature and her favourite wildflowers and a bench to sit on just to feel close too her for a few minutes everyday, creating that also created a lifelong interest in me,even though i have now moved, those aspects are still a very important part of my garden,and lead to online courses in conservation and ecology and permaculture and so created a trigger which helped push me forward.Like everything else its a slow process though.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 06:26:17 PM »
Sometimes on anniversaries we need to be extra gentle with ourselves, some days its normal to feel down and miss them, I found by 'accepting' those feelings and not fighting it it helped them to subside a bit quicker each time. On those days allow yourself a pass from the rushing of life - you will find your feet and direction again, at the moment that direction may be healing  :hearts:   think baby steps, its baby steps when on the early stages of the grief but also baby steps when finding our feet again.  Just like if you broke your leg, you'd still be going carefully once the cast is off.  And you may find you find or choose a new direction which becomes apparent to you in time or find ways to enjoy the 'old/familiar' route again
Sending a hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 10:04:18 PM »
Thanks both xxx  :hug:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 10:07:16 PM »
 :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx