Author Topic: New Year  (Read 1943 times)

Offline Lyn Taylor

New Year
« on: January 03, 2018, 04:49:20 PM »
Hi everyone

No I am not going to wish everyone a Happy New Year because I know that would not feel right, so instead I hope we all have a peaceful one knowing our loved ones are always with us. Love does not separate it continues in our hearts and memories.

I am no further forward in this grief journey but I continue to take each day as it comes.

I only lost dad 4 weeks ago and I feel like I am in a Tardis between 2 different worlds and now 2 different years! Feels very surreal and my brain continues to unravel and comprehend everything.

I take comfort in those that are further forward in this journey and I hope I can help in someway to anyone for who this is new and raw.

Thanks for the support of those of you on here who have helped me get through each day

Love
Lyn
X

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: New Year
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 07:05:03 PM »
 :hearts:
Definitely take each day at a time, baby steps xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 02:20:25 PM »
 :hug:thankyou for your wishes for a peaceful new year Lyn.
I know what you mean about being in a tardis between different worlds.But those worlds are still connected and even though you can no longer see your loved ones in that other world you can still  continue to be connected too them.There is a spaghetti of connections and it seems like a jungle -some of those you will want to release,the ones connected with the worlds separating into two and the trauma around that but they will resist and linger on for some time to come, but others you will always want to keep and its a case of tidying them up into the creation a strong bond which will take you forward and allow them to move with you  unseen but still beside you.Some of those will be made from your happy memorys others will be new ones you create in their memory and in your life that remains but they will all come together and create an unbreakable strength.

Offline Lyn Taylor

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 03:13:02 PM »
Karena

As always your words resonate with me. You have a brilliant creative way with words and one that certainly reaches me in deep and spiritual way.

I have come along way in 4 weeks, yes I am still grieving, I cry, I miss dad, I go over all the what if's and why's but each day I also feel a sense of peace and calm. I have come to a place of acceptance deep down. I can feel my dad's love and strength and his desire for me to continue to move forward and I know he will always walk beside me on my journey. He may not be physically present but his spirit is always with me.

I can smile through the tears now and I can truly count my blessings to be grateful for having him as my dad and the wonderful memories I have of him. They are starting to come through those memories in little ways and they do bring comfort with them and love.

xxx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 04:10:08 PM »
 :hug: