Author Topic: First birthday  (Read 1249 times)

Offline Kate3027

First birthday
« on: May 13, 2018, 07:41:07 PM »
Today is my birthday. Yesterday we had a bit of a bash and invited friends over and had a BBQ and today we just had a quiet day sat in the garden in the sun.

Today is the first birthday of my whole life where my Dad wasn't here, or on the other end of a phone, to wish me a Happy Birthday, and that really does hurt.

There have been so many things these past few weeks that I have wanted to tell my Dad or show him. I don't know whey but I still can't talk to him, even though I have photos all over the house. Is that odd? Every time I try I just break down.

After he died I bought the book "Badger's Parting Gifts" for my girls, I don't know whether any of you have read it, but it's a beautifully illustrated story about love, loss and memories (for children). My Dad was the real-life Badger, he thought it was bloody unfair that his time was up, but he wasn't afraid to die. My daughter asked me to read it to her yesterday and I just couldn't get through it.

I'm just feeling sorry for myself I guess. I had a lovely birthday, but that one thing is, as ever, very much missing.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: First birthday
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 11:22:21 AM »
maybe your dream from your other post was a birthday greeting from your dad.Whatever you believe, or dont believe, he will always be with you in some way. :hug: