Author Topic: Thank you for adding me  (Read 1434 times)

Offline Tina

• New Members
Thank you for adding me
« on: August 21, 2018, 10:56:17 PM »
I wish with all my heart I didn’t need to join a group such as this, but I lost my husband suddenly 10 months ago and I need to talk to people who understand what I’m going through - so thank you for allowing me to join x

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Thank you for adding me
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 11:48:44 PM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 11:47:48 AM »
Hi Tina this place helped me a lot when  my husband died.I hope that it will become the same lifeline for you that it was for me. :hug:

Offline Tina

• New Members
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 10:40:55 PM »
I am struggling to cope sometimes with the PTSD & flashbacks & feel like I have been punched in the stomach when they occur. The overwhelming sense of loss is so hard to bear.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 12:04:14 PM »
 :hug:Its a combination on the one hand of being full of adrenalin as we re-live things - i had panic attacks, and at the same time coming to terms with the great big hole they left behind - and it leaves you exhausted in a physical way perhaps people dont imagine if they havent experienced it.
It isnt unusual and be assured you are not going mad -which i thought i was.
My panic attacks lasted a few months until i learned to counteract them, sadly the big hole takes longer - you never really stop missing them - and i am 7 years in, but you do start to find ways to build a life around that hole starting with simple safety nets to stop you falling in over and over again - This place for me was one of those nets. Have you considered professional beravement counselling - for me that was another, and i never really believed it would be - not for me i thought - and it doesnt help  everyone -it isnt a cure -there isnt one, but it can help you question your own thinking with some of the emotions that overcome you  and bring you at least some peace of mind. Meanwhile be kind to yourself take one day, one hour, at a time and rest - If you had a physical injury thats exactly what you would do and in so many ways this isnt all that different, its just that it isnt as visible so we tend to be less patient with ourselves.

Offline Tina

• New Members
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 03:14:36 PM »
Thank you for your comments. I have had 3 sessions of counselling for PTSD to use distraction techniques and I can often calm myself down, just sometimes I find I feel totally overwhelmed with this loss & feeling so empty. We were together 28 years and I feel so lost without him.