Author Topic: I lost my 2 year old on Sunday  (Read 1622 times)

Offline Danjames

I lost my 2 year old on Sunday
« on: November 26, 2018, 08:04:45 PM »
She had a genetic condition since birth. Complications followed and she passed away peacefully at Great Ormond Street. Her mother and I had separated just after her birth before diagnosis. As a result I didn’t spend much time with her as she was in gosh a lot and her mother didn’t want my involvement. I was there on Sunday. Her mother called me after months of living on a knife edge waiting for the call. It broke my heart. This morning when I woke I felt relief for her that there was no more surgery or hospitals or harsh medications like chemo which she had as part of her bone marrow transplant. Now I feel empty and lost and anxious. I just wanted to tell someone. As I don’t really have anyone else to talk too.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: I lost my 2 year old on Sunday
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 07:21:31 AM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug: sorry for your loss, it's so hard and mixed emotions when there's been so many challenges too
We're here for you as long as you need xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 10:15:19 AM »
The pain of losing a child is something unimaginably difficult to bear - even though her mum and you were separated she did call you at the end so if you can work on that and be there to support each other as her parents and maybe in the future be friends even if distant ones it might help to be able to share that pain and get each other through the worst times ahead.
As Emz says though we are here as long as you need so write away and we will try and help any way we can. :hug:

Offline Danjames

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 05:32:30 PM »
Today I called a number of recruitment consultants to get back into a professional career as my work life fell apart toward the end and I want my other two children to be proud of me and for me to have enough money so that when we are together we can create memories. I also registered to be a blood donor and booked an appointment and also to register as a bone marrow donor too. Alice had a bmt plus a number of blood transfusions so if she can see me she can see that I’m doing what I can to make her proud too.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 08:30:56 PM »
They're wonderful steps forward.  :hearts:  working and grief can be hard, but it can also be an outlet and a form of distraction from our pain
Definitely feel proud for those steps.  The journey can be a rollercoaster xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 11:09:25 AM »
 :hug:I am sure she would be very proud of you. Taking these steps isnt easy but it is important - especially the bone marrow and blood donation.

Children dont need money to make good memorys  -  i know that not having it makes it very difficult too,  -but  i was brought up in a house with next to nothing in terms of income and a lot in terms of love - my best memories are of puddle jumping,kicking leaves, collecting conkers -home made kites and if we get some snow even more things to do for free - so for now if you have a local park or green space within walking distance get them wrapped up and outside and you will create fantastic memorys they will always keep.