Author Topic: Newly bereaved and a sobbing mess  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Townendbarbara

Newly bereaved and a sobbing mess
« on: November 17, 2017, 11:41:19 PM »
Hello. My name is Barbara I am 65 years old and my son died 8 weeks ago after a horrendous 19 days in ICU after a motorcycle accident. He was47 and my baby. My daughter lives on Australia and Mark was my child in my side of the world who watched over me and loved me unconditionally and I'm lost in grief . I was also diagnosed with breast cancer this year and why it had to be my beautiful son who had to die and not me I cannot understand . Instead I had to sit by his bedside and watch him die a horrible sometimes painful death and my heart hurts so much. No one understands and I am getting more lonely and isolated every day and just wish every day would go quicker so I can sleep and forget my loss.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Newly bereaved and a sobbing mess
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 05:59:41 PM »
Sending you a warm welcome.I came to this site after losing my husband but to lose a child is something so awful I can't beginning to imagine your devastation.I found,being here writing and communicating with others who understand because they too are grieving was a huge help and I hope it can be for you too. :hug:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Newly bereaved and a sobbing mess
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 10:08:05 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:
It's so easy to withdraw into ourselves when we have lost such a dear loved one.  Do you have any friends nearby? 
Hope it helps being here amongst people who understand  xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx