Author Topic: My Amazing Dad  (Read 2271 times)

Offline HELEND

My Amazing Dad
« on: December 26, 2017, 09:24:54 PM »
On Thursday 21st December, my wonderful dad lost his long fight with asbestosis and pulmonary fibrosis.

I nursed him for the last 4 months of his life at my home, and he was bedridden for the last month.

He was 86 and I was the stereo typical daddys girl, he was the best dad and I loved him so so much.

My mom died 6 years ago so dad was on his own.

Thursday & Friday I cried so much, but now I feel numb, very tired and anti social.

Is this normal?  I don't know if its because of xmas, but everything just feels completely surreal at the moment.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: My Amazing Dad
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 09:04:08 AM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:  that does sound like a normal reaction xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 03:44:50 PM »
 :hug:yes that sounds normal.Even when you know someone is really Ill it is almost like you go into shock.Your mind has been occupied with caring and so you're probably exhausted too.

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 09:00:46 PM »
So sorry for your loss.  I think under the circumstances what you are going through is understandable.  Please keep talking to us, we are here to listen.  Sending hugs.
Penny x

Offline HELEND

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 09:20:03 PM »
I think I am in denial now as its so big I can't seem to accept it the the moment.  I wont be able to see him in the chapel of rest till middle of the week and I am scared to go because that will make it real and then I don't think I can cope with the enormity of losing him.

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 09:43:17 PM »
Takes a long time to accept that it's really happening.  Was a week before I got to see my husband and it felt like it wasn't real, that maybe I'd imagined it.  Take one minute at a time.  X

Offline Deborah30

• New Members
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 10:27:06 AM »
Hey, I lost my dad too, on the 16th December, I just wanted to empathize...I too am still crying, most mornings...I just got hold of a voice mail he left his brother ... floored me. It's exhausting isn't it..my hearts with you...
Bit by bit darling, one day at a time :)