Author Topic: New here  (Read 3635 times)

Offline Andrea

New here
« on: March 23, 2016, 02:23:44 AM »
Hi my name is Andrea my husband Tommy passed away on the 4th of March feeling really low

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 07:34:08 AM »
Hi Andrea, im sorry for your loss, its very early days for you, just take it a day at a time hun. X
 :hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 01:06:15 PM »
Hello Andrea - my sympathy to you. As Norma says, it's very early days for you. Everybody has a different experience when they lose half of themself but from conversations I've had with others in the same boat I've realised that we all have the same emotions but at different times. I'm almost 6 months down the line now and only just getting myself together. Give yourself time, be kind to yourself and don't be surprised at the bewildering feelings and emotions you'll go through. When you can, talk to people who truly understand what you're going through. It's painful but I believe it helps.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Cairo

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 03:47:03 PM »
Hi Andrea, my husband passed away on 24 February, four weeks ago today. It is tough. Just take a day at a time or even an hour at a time xx
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 07:42:12 PM by Dave Administrator »
~~~~~~~~
I will survive.
~~~~~~~~

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 07:51:21 PM »
 :hearts: sending a welcome hug xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline marvil296

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 04:44:05 PM »
Hi Andrea I lost my husband also .a few month past.its so hard to cope u feel every emotion.Talking to others really helps. Though. take a day at a time.Take care.

Offline Cleo

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 08:21:09 PM »
Hi, my husband passed away in January after a long illness. I just about keep going by taking each day at a time which is the same as when I knew I was going to lose him last March.  It's the only way you can cope.  I try to keep myself very busy but in the very early days it was almost all I could do to get up and dressed before midday.  Writing this shows me how far I have come emotionally as I am now enjoying sonething every day.  Exactly a month after he died I started a diary as I am determined to make new memories.  This has been good and I also document my feelings, good and bad.   

Offline Cairo

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 06:59:47 AM »
So sorry for your loss, Andrea. Do you want to tell us more about what happened - only if you feel you want to?

It is now just over 4 weeks since I lost my husband. I don't know what each day will bring. Some are harder than others but I just take each one as it comes. I try to do something each day that will give me pleasure, even if only for a few minutes. I cry every day but don't try to hold it in now as I did at the start when I was afraid it would overwhelm me.

Big hugs xxx
~~~~~~~~
I will survive.
~~~~~~~~