Author Topic: Wife died today  (Read 9944 times)

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
Re: Wife died today
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2018, 07:33:02 PM »
[
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 03:52:53 PM by GHOST »

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2018, 08:13:04 PM »
I
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 03:53:15 PM by GHOST »

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2018, 10:49:59 PM »
Lovely photo of Mr. Fox Brian, I regularly pick up a fox on my security camera when he is snuffling around my front garden during the night. I also get hedgehogs and cats triggering the camera.

I said GH3 when I meant GH4  :smiley: . I had another go at the moon this evening because it was so clear and bright. UInfortunately, ill health has prevented me getting much use out of my camera since I bought it but I keep having a little dabble  :smiley: :-
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 11:04:06 PM by longedge »
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2018, 11:03:11 PM »
I hope that your arrangements all go well by the way. I well remember the stress of arranging Chris' funeral. It might be that the weeks/months afterwards are the hardest and I hope that you get some support then (I've said it before but I think the forum is missing a "ManHug" icon  :smiley: )

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2018, 11:09:33 PM »
[
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 03:53:38 PM by GHOST »

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2018, 11:31:08 PM »
To be honest I've been thinking about selling my kit off. My mobility is extremely limited and it's never going to improve  :rolleyes:. I've dabbled since the 1960's when I also tried some macro stuff (reversed lens) . At that time I developed/printed my own B&W and also had a go at developing colour but only 35mm transparencies.

I didn't do more than family snaphots after I became interested in computers in the late 1980's, still my major interest. I'm afraid I've always been the same - know a little bit about a lot of things  :smiley:. I never had enough real interest to warrant joining a club.

p.s. - Yes I like the Urchin photo. You've got the lighting spot on and the glass sheet work well. The sort of thing that I'd probably spoof in post!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 11:33:06 PM by longedge »

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2018, 03:32:39 PM »
I, m not entirely certain what the difference between a man hug and a woman hug is -perhaps more back slapping, and shoulder squaring (lol) Lovely photos though - i use macro a lot  - usually flowers or unusual things like the ripples on bark. I tell myself it because they are great as backgrounds for work stuff but mainly its becasue i love to focus on those things less obvious than a view - but still yelling of natures beauty.

Brian Mazda bongo and Ford freda (actually one and the same depending on where they were imported from ) are mainly automatics come in 2wd or fixed 4wd petrol or diesel. with or without camping converstions, with or without raising roofs access too a very good support forums and group meets if you fancy company, (nice people all ags) and more reliable and affordable then VW.One of the beautys is that although they are longer they are no wider than the average car so great for accessing narrower roads -so many times in Wales when we camped people would turn up on site with a vast motorhome but then be unable too explore the area in them.(you might think i,m trying to sell something here  -get the sales girl act ) so next paragraph

My Mazda bongo has a raising roof (that i dont actually raise anymore as there is plenty of room for one downstairs, and its warmer and doesnt rock in the wind if the roof is down )-no converstion -which was a decision we made based on spending the money we had available on the vehicle rather than the aesthetics  -plan was we would do that later and too fit our needs rather than a bog standard one -but we never go round too that.
I,ve just got a set up behind the rear seat under the tailgate which is fine for just me -mine also has the original 3 rows of seats -all of them go flat to create a double bed but you can vary them so you can find the best way too suit you, i now go for single (with space for one of the more necessary things required for ladies of a certain age who dont want to be running round looking for a bush in the early hours) hiden under a camping table. For book and light to stand on.With all seats in place  it becomes a people carrier - and with rear bench seat folded up a really good  van space. Its a pleasure to drive (turbo on the autogears and meaty engine.
I have a drive away awning if i,m taking the kids so bikes,swingball etc and the necessary item can go in there also bad weather cooking space for more than one. But as the eldest grandson has now outgrown the bunk across the front cab and requires privacy these days i can throw a small ent in there for him.
Most of the time though its just me and the van -and in case you havent got it yet -i absolutely   :hearts: love it. sadly i am now at the point of holding my breath at MOT time as its rusting -(it is 23 years old) only real drawback is the mpg  which is around 30 -but i dont usually go tht far and replacing her with a mere car isnt an option.

I would love too see your pictures - could you send the link by private message though, as we,re not supposed to post links on the forum - i know yours it isnt a commercial site or anything like that - and of no harm at all  - but the no links all round rule  helps too keep this place safe from outside stuff that can be harmful at worst, or simply give the impression we are related too commerical interests which can be off putting.
(and it frees us admins up more time to rattle on about our camper vans instead of chasing and checking out links  :rofl:)

I have now got about an hour to prepare a report for Mondays monthly meeting at work - so i suppose i had better get on with it So far my mind is  :blank:

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2018, 07:57:35 PM »
a
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 03:54:12 PM by GHOST »