Author Topic: Small milestone  (Read 2130 times)

Offline Badger55

Small milestone
« on: May 06, 2017, 04:15:56 PM »
Hi all

This past week (week 11) I have felt a sense that I might be turning a small corner in my journey.  Today, whilst shopping in the supermarket, I bumped in to an old friend and was able to say, for the first time, that I have recently been widowed without bursting into tears.  I did however have a little sob during the BB4 prog last night called Singer Song Writers at the BBC, as that was mine and Simon's sort of music.

Much love to all here.
Badger xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Small milestone
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 07:14:28 PM »
 :hug: glad you had a better day.It is an up and down journey and i think sometimes just saying the word widow is really difficult i still kind of cringe even now. At 11 weeks not surprising to have a crying session with few exceptions I can play music again now but
.We used to watch Jules Holland.mainly so we could annoy the kids by knowing who the new bands were.I still can't watch it now,and the crazyiest thing about that is work sponsored his road show a couple of years ago,so I pretty much had to go,but despite the dread it didn't bother me on the night so its even restricted to the TV programme.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Small milestone
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 09:00:37 AM »
That's good to hear. :-)  All steps forward on our rollercoaster journey  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx