Author Topic: Hello to all. This is my first step into this sort of forum.  (Read 1694 times)

Offline Trelawneyman

• New Members
  • Trying to find my purpose now?
I hope I am doing this correctly, but if not please tell me. To introduce myself, I am a 57 year old man who has lost the love of his life, my wife of 36 years. We were actually together for much longer than that as a couple, since she died 39 years 11 months and 3 days after we got together at a dance. I am trying to make sense of this but can see nothing.
She died three and a half months ago, which seems to be quite a long time compared to some people posting on here, but I have struggled with this more recently.

Sorry but I need to take a break here and maybe write more of what I want to say before coming on to the forum. Don't mean to ramble.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hello to all. This is my first step into this sort of forum.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 08:15:04 AM »
Welcome to the forum  :hug:  and dont worry you have posted correctly and noone needs to apologise for rambling here. :hearts:
So sorry for your loss.  Grief is definitely a rollercoaster, just when you think you've got the hang of it another bend or drop comes.  But that also means when we hit those lows, at some point we will come to a gentler part of the journey - and find better days creeping in between the bad
Hope you find the support here helpful xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 06:57:53 PM »
 :hug:sending you a warm welcome.People have been here for varying times since losing their loved ones,but it is as Emz says a roller coaster journey and the time for you is still close to the beginning of it.There is never any need to apologise for rambling that's what we are here for ramble or rant is fine because all of us understand we are all on the same journey and its the hardest one to face.

Offline Trelawneyman

• New Members
  • Trying to find my purpose now?
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 10:34:42 PM »
Thank you Emz and Karena, I see from reading other posts on here that time is so different for all. I will try and keep that in mind.
First day back at work tomorrow so will see what that brings.
Thank you both for the kind welcome.