Author Topic: New to group  (Read 2387 times)

Offline Debbie1980

• New Members
New to group
« on: July 03, 2017, 01:44:25 PM »
Hi all.  I lost my dad December 2016 and up until a couple of weeks ago I was doing fine then a disagreement in work and father's Day coming up I started to feel horrible.  My doctor increased my medication however last night I woke at 2.15am and haven't slept since then.  I have spoken with my GP and he has prescribed more meds.  I am getting counselling through work and have also been referred to CRUSE bereavement but they have a waiting list.  Just feel empty today and lost xx

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
Re: New to group
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 03:09:32 PM »
Hi Debbie.

First may I say how sorry I am you have had to join us for the sad loss of your dad we know that hurts big time.

I do hope you find comforting words from others who have also been through how your feeling now and can support you through this tough time you are having right now.
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 04:24:46 PM »
Sending a hug. It feels like such a slow journey, which can be a rollercoaster but it will get easier. Concentrate on baby steps and be gentle with yourself.  :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Debbie1980

• New Members
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 04:42:46 PM »
Thank you all very much.  Your kind words are greatly appreciated xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 11:43:22 PM »
Hi Debbie. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your father.

Many of us experience a period of numbness following the death of somebody close and it takes a while for the grieving to reality of everything to kick in. It sounds like this has happened with you and the numbness is now wearing off. I hope the counselling you are getting helps you.

Wishing you strength.  :hug: