Author Topic: My first step  (Read 2773 times)

Offline Jane

My first step
« on: July 25, 2017, 09:03:47 AM »
It's been 7 weeks since my husband/best friend passed away. This is my first step in seeking support from people outside of my loving family.

Offline WOODY

Re: My first step
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 06:25:16 PM »
Hi Jane,Very sorry for your loss. This is a wonderful place to be, we are all going through the same, so nobody here will judge the way you feel, as we all go through the different emotions.

You will get help, advice and most of all support here. My Wife passed away, nearly 8 months ago, I am very pleased that I found this group, they have been very supportive.

Take care x

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 08:23:09 PM »
 :hug:sending you a warm welcome.seven weeks is very early days on this horrible journey.I found this site at around the same time scale after losing my husband.Its much longer for me now,but coming here was a real life saver,not just a place for the support I so badly needed,but a place where real friendships were formed.I hope you will find the same.We will be here as long as you need us.

Offline Jane

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 10:22:44 PM »
Thank you for replying to me so quickly.  It's reassuring to know that someone is out there and knows how I feel.  Until you've experienced the loss of someone you never imagined life without, you can't understand the pain. Everyone says it will get better - I will cling to this thought.  What happens next?  Do I keep posting my feelings and reading other posts?

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 08:08:42 AM »
Can read the posts, reply to any, or continue posting on your post here. There's a general chat post for random chat. Some people like to add a post every day like a diary.  Whatever you need :-)

Sending a welcome hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 11:48:33 AM »
Until you've experienced the loss of someone you never imagined life without, you can't understand the pain.

Hello Jane my condolences to you. It's 18 months now since I lost Chris and I don't think a day has gone by that I've not said exactly that or at the least thought it to myself. In the early days, I found it very helpful to come here to 'open up', something that men of my generation don't usually do. I know that it is a comfort to be with people who are 'in the same boat' and one of the things that helped me early on was going to recently bereaved group sessions arranged by our local hospice over a 6 week period. After the ice had been broken it was good to know that you were in an environment where you could laugh, cry or have a rant and not worry about it - sort of like this forum  :smiley:
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 11:26:33 PM »
Hi Jane. I'm sorry to hear of your loss.  :hug:

Offline RRS

• New Members
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 10:51:44 PM »
Hi Jane,

I'm soo sorry for your loss x x I lost my husband and best friend too suddenly in March. Every day is a struggle and I hate my life without him :( I am lost without him. I have gone back to work and try to keep busy.
Please get support from your GP. If you have Cruse bereavement counselling where you live contact them when you feel ready. They have been supporting me.
Please take care of yourself.. :hug: x x

Offline Mandic

• New Members
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 09:40:26 PM »
Hi Jane, my beloved husband died suddenly 6 weeks ago today. I feel your pain, bewilderment and Loss. I will find it hard, I will find it lonely, I will find it unfair...but I will survive. My darling Husband would be so unhappy to think I would not. I have no children, no animals. I only ever needed my Berry, so really no other support! I also run a small bed and breakfast,now on my own, which is full at this time of year, so I have to act a part. I wonder if grief will take over at the end of the season. I turned to the forum so I could be myself rather than a 'hostess'. We will survive, we have to survive, to make our past lives part of our future. We will keep their memories alive only by keeping on, and celebrating their very existence and happiness that they bought to our lives xx