Author Topic: Hello all!  (Read 2156 times)

Offline EffyHeppy

Hello all!
« on: August 14, 2017, 08:01:36 PM »
Hi guys, my name is Beth and I'm 21. I lost my mum 3 years ago when I was 18 and life hasn't been the same since. The grieving process was brought to a halt when I found out my dad had started a new relationship with my mums best friend on the same day she died. This completley changed my personality and I moved down to Southampton with my girlfriend who fortunately has helped me to get my head back on track. I'm now working full time and feeling more secure but I still struggle on a daily basis to come to terms with what has happened especially with the situation with my dad. I just need someone who knows what I'm going through to talk to me and offer me some guidance as I'm not sure where things are going anymore with my mental and physical health  :cray:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hello all!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 08:53:09 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:
Hope talking with us here helps you xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Scared1

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 10:32:32 PM »
Hi Beth,  I'm very sorry for your loss,  I lost my mum at 15,  it's so hard isn't it,  I'm sorry I'm not in a place to offer you lots of good advice at the moment ( I'm going through a more recent loss of my grandad which has left me in bits)  but I'm sending you hugs and hope you find lots of help here,  I'm finding it comforting just knowing there's people who understand xxxx

Offline EffyHeppy

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 12:41:16 PM »
Hi Beth,  I'm very sorry for your loss,  I lost my mum at 15,  it's so hard isn't it,  I'm sorry I'm not in a place to offer you lots of good advice at the moment ( I'm going through a more recent loss of my grandad which has left me in bits)  but I'm sending you hugs and hope you find lots of help here,  I'm finding it comforting just knowing there's people who understand xxxx

I lost my grandad (mums dad) in April so I know how you're feeling! Stay strong sending hugs as well xxxx

Offline Scared1

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 03:17:24 AM »
Thank you Beth  :hug: Sorry it's taken a while to reply. I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandad passing too  :candle: Yes let's hope both of us and all on this site some how find the strength we need xxxx