Author Topic: I just joined.  (Read 1637 times)

Offline hartley

I just joined.
« on: October 05, 2017, 02:38:58 PM »
I lost my husband of 39 years in June. It was sudden and a I was in shock. I'm living with my sister and don't feel strong enough to go home. I am depressed and anxious about a future alone.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: I just joined.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 09:12:30 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 03:06:44 PM »
 :hug: It is very difficult to contemplate a future alone but its also very early days for you, and so very difficult to contemplate anything except getting through the next few hours. -i would say try and concentrate on thinking of the future in terms of the next day then the next  week, rather than thinking in terms of a whole life time ahead.

If your home is close enough too where you are staying have you thought about returning in small phases, when you feel more ready -an overnight, then a weekend for example -so you wont be alone for long stretches of time or would your sister stay there with you for a while. Take tiny steps and be kind too yourself,feeling depressed and anxious is normal,but if it becomes completely overwhelming perhaps your GP might be able to help,not all surgerys offer bereavement counselling but mine did and it helped a lot and so did being here.

We are not professional counsellors here but all of us are at some stage of this horrid grief journey so do understand and try to support and help each other along.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 06:40:23 PM by Dave Administrator »

Offline Gingey

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 07:20:36 PM »
 :hug:
I empathise with your feelings, I too feel as yiu, the anxiety is awful