Author Topic: Grieving Wido  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Sweena

Grieving Wido
« on: October 07, 2017, 10:24:32 AM »
 :candle:

Hello all

I just joined the forum. I am a widow, lost my dear husband 4 years ago to SADS.

He was 35 and we have 2 beautiful children now aged 12 and 8.

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
Re: Grieving Wido
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 11:10:06 AM »
Hi and welcome.   So sorry for your loss.  It's coming up to 7 years for me in December, my children are now 16 and have just started college.  Please keep posting it does help putting your feelingsearch in writing  and it gives us a chance to support you through your difficult days.  Sending hug.   :hug: Penny x

Offline Fleur

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 06:34:03 PM »
Hi Sweena, you've come to the right place by joining here. I've only been here a few days myself and it has helped a lot. I'm sure I will still have many difficult days ahead of me but at least I know that the people here understand that.
I feel that my friends and family will get tired of hearing about my woes and I try very hard not to inflict my misery on them.
This too shall pass.

Offline Gingey

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 07:18:45 PM »
Hi Sweena, welcome
I am relatively new too and dont postboften but read a lotbof the posts.
Your post struck a chord. My husband of 40+ years passed 15 months ago and I totally identify with how you are feeling. My boys are grown up and a fair distance away plus they have their own families now, both have young toddlers around 2. I am grateful that my husband met his grandsons but get angry and envious of the  other granddads when I see them playing with them. I feel terrible about this but cant seem to change so far. I too feel lost and terribly lonely.
Hope your children give you comfort
 :hug: