Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1743 times)

Offline Dove

• New Members
Hello
« on: February 11, 2019, 08:01:48 PM »
Hi names Darren my dad passed away June last year.in unforeseen circumstances a missed diagnosis . And his care before during and  after was awful.i live with my mom who struggles on with the void left in her life. I have read some posts and its a life changer and does make you stop and think to adjust your life and what really matters too. My dad had esophangus cancer and 3 brain tumors all missed

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 09:58:48 PM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug:
I lost my dad to esophageal cancer, its a hard journey to see them on xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 12:15:43 AM »
Hi Darren,

So sorry to hear about your dad. Unfortunately, medical mistakes seem to occur far too often and that makes losing someone even harder to bear. You'll find lots of support here and lots of people who understand what you're going through here. Your mom is lucky to have you to help support her. All you can do is try to support one another.

Talking helps and you'll always find someone who can sympathise here, so do keep posting.

Sending hugs...

Offline Dove

• New Members
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 05:00:47 AM »
Good morning Emz, Sandra yes your both right and thanks for the messages. I think once you have suffered a loss can you really understand what little support is out there. My dad suffered with lack of care and we are getting solicitor to have a look at the issues we raised against the gp, hospital and District nurses. If you find strength to complain please do it I got put on to a NHS Advocate who's like a breath of fresh air and also a charity called AVMA. I'm sorry to hear of you loss both. I would not want anyone to suffer this way that is what drives me. I thought I'd give the room a shot and nice to meet people who are in the same place if that makes sense.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 10:12:21 AM »
Hi Dove.
I came here after losing my husband but also lost my parents  too cancer previousely.I hope you manage to find some clarity with the care aspect of your dad losing some-one is bad enough without having to persue issues like that. :hug: I,m sure your mum appreciates your support being left alone after losing your partner is a terrible thing and you are right it does bring into sharp focus whats important in life - take some time for your own grief too, as it is important to not try and put it aside in order to be "strong" for others.