Author Topic: its been 4 years  (Read 2109 times)

Offline bonzodog

its been 4 years
« on: December 26, 2018, 06:53:27 PM »
hello its been 4 years and 2 months tomorrow,my beautiful kay died on the 27th oct 2014i had no idea grief would be so horrible, and what it does to you,ive been on way up since then ,bereavement site ,I fancied a change anyway I thought id say hello to all ,there is so much to say ,I need to think about what im going to say before I post,my name is Nicholas and im 64 on the 29th,kay was a mere 56,she died of pneumonia /sepsis ,due to oesophagus cancer .

Offline Munstermum

• New Members
Re: its been 4 years
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 08:13:11 PM »
Hi, I'm fairly new on this forum too. Sadly I lost my husband on 3rd October this year, so it's still a bit raw and confusing. I have good friends and family but Christmas is hard, they all mean well, but I just don't want to sit and watch them all with their partners being all cosy and loving, sorry if that makes me sound mean. I just want to sit in my jammies with my two dogs, drink gin and watch EastEnders, they are a right miserable bunch as well.  Take care and be good to yourself (what do I know, should take my own advice). Lovely supportive people on here, not many posts sometimes, but good advice xxx

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 09:29:09 PM »
Sending you a welcome hug bonzodog  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karen

• New Members
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 08:40:51 PM »
I lost my beloved partner 15 months ago. I miss him every single day. I'm feeling the loneliness more than ever now.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 09:19:52 AM »
The second year certainly seems just as challenging, there is no neat timescale to grieving as we unfortunately find out.  You will find people here who understand, and a place you can share how you're feeling without any judgement  :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karen

• New Members
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 10:44:38 AM »
I think grief is an on going thing. It had changed me as a person. I don't get upset over minor things now. It has made me harder.