Author Topic: Lasted 12 months  (Read 2896 times)

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
Lasted 12 months
« on: January 28, 2019, 11:51:13 PM »
W
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 04:50:27 PM by GHOST »

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
Re: Lasted 12 months
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 01:11:56 PM »
'Aint that the truth Brian. Getting on for three and a half years for me and in some ways I've found that the emptiness has got worse. For quite a long time now I've felt how much I relied on Chris to tell me what I thought. Sounds ridiculous but she was always able to guide me to the right way (hers) when so often my habit of just blurting out my first thoughts showed that I hadn't considered the issue, whatever it was for the moment, carefully enough. It wasn't always verbal though, a lot of the time we could have a conversation just by body language, looks and simply being in the same room.

Even though in the early days I was very careful about notifying every possible contact I did get a number of upsetting messages but I found that a strongly worded response always brought a quick apology which I accepted. I think the one that got to me most was an email from the bank addressed to Chris to say that as she hadn't made use of her online banking facility for a very long time, it had been withdrawn. My reply was pretty choice  :smiley: and I got a very sincere apology - the additional £50 credit didn't cut much ice with me but I didn't refuse it  :smiley:.

You're right about unexpected triggers, the weirdest, insignificant things sometimes and in odd places. One of the recurring things I have is just as I'm waking up, I hear Chris call my name. It always surprises me how deeply imprinted her voice is in my memory.

I'm hoping that the lengthening days and coming spring will help us all even if just a little bit.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 11:19:00 PM »
H
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 04:51:03 PM by GHOST »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 10:49:18 PM »
I have a negative scanner, it works pretty well.  May not come out quite the same quality as a professional printers but they aren't bad quality. I have been able to scan/digitise some of my negatives :-)

Have fun with the lambs. So cute!  Xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 09:07:46 AM »
I did finish the actual scanning eventually and I even started sorting into separate folders based on location and date but I ground to a halt with that because there were so many that I was unsure about. I ended up with several miscellaneous folders. I intend to carry on with it in due course. Mañana has always been an important concept in my life  :rolleyes:  :cheesy:

I've had flatbed and dedicated negative scanners and my most recent (and favourite) one does both, it's an Epson Perfection V370 and it does batch scanning in conjunction with my old version of PaintShop Pro. My biggest problem was that I decided that there was no point in scanning without then touching up the resulting image. I ended up sometimes spending a whole day on a single picture which got very tedious.

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 11:28:29 PM »
G
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 04:51:24 PM by GHOST »

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 11:58:08 PM »
 :angry: You never know what's going to 'bite' you next do you Brian. I'm not a religious person but a quote from the bible does come to mind here, "Forgive them for they know not what they do." Having said that, on the odd occasion that I've had similar things happen to me, I've made a point of complaining and if nothing else, venting my anger has helped a little bit.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 08:14:38 AM »
 :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2019, 10:33:28 AM »
 :hug:Brian they cant see what you write here and they dont know you,re here so this is a safe place on the internet for you to come back too. :hug:
Those things you planned to do - i know it wont be the same of course it wont but i looked at it not as something which i now had to do alone so wouldnt want to do so much as something i would do for Keith - if we ever do meet again i would like to be able to tell him about it - but also i have felt closer too him while doing them so actually maybe he,s just doing it anyway from whatever dimension he is in - or maybe its just psychological and that doesnt exist, i dont know none of us do but i am not taking a chance and ignoring it. Its just a case of overcoming the things that get in the way of actually doing it - easier siad than done i know but still do-able.

It is strange i never here his voice, but sometimes i hear my mums - its just my name but shouted in the way she would when she was calling me in from the garden as a child -and from experience when it happens i think she is trying to draw my attention to something  its not like a warning of impending doom or that dramatic, but maybe something smaller i should be paying attention too and am avoiding. As a child in the garden i would sometimes hide or pretend i hadnt heard her to avoid coming in for bed time or whatever less attractive activity she had in mind so there is a definite slightly sharp tone to the way she calls me.  :rofl: