Author Topic: Lost my Mum, Husband and Sister  (Read 4519 times)

Offline Chrish2808

• New Members
Lost my Mum, Husband and Sister
« on: March 17, 2016, 03:44:43 PM »
Hi Everyone my name is Christina (I'm known as Chris usually). I lost my Mum in March 2014 she was given a week to live with bowel and stomach cancer. She passed after 10 days. She was 78 years. Two weeks later my sister was diagnosed with bowel cancer which spread to her lungs after her second lot of Chemotherapy. My Uncle, my Mums Brother died within 6 months if Mum's passing with bowel and stomach cancer also. He was 74 years old. My husband had a brain hemorrhage in January 2015 and after several ops he pulled through but 2 weeks later the drain in his head got infected and I agreed for the Doctors to withdraw all medication and feeding tubes he passed away 3 weeks and 6 days after first being admitted to hospital in February 2015. He was 54 years old. In October 2015 my sister passed away very suddenly at home as it appeared her cancer had spread very quickly and the chemo just wasn't working, she was also 54 years old. We all thought please let 2016 start off better but no it didn't,  my Dad had a mild heart attack 3 weeks ago. He is home now though and doing very well, thank goodness. It has been a difficult 19 months I've got to say. Thanks for listening.

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
Re: Lost my Mum, Husband and Sister
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 04:05:24 PM »
Oh Chris,,I don't know where to start in replying to this heart rendering first post you have made, how cruel life has been to you, my sincere heartfelt sympathy I send you for so many losses.

Please keep posting and unload to us all the emotions and thoughts that probably keep you awake at night and I promise you Chris we will be with you every step on your sad journey and try our best to help give you peace back into your life once more.
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 09:37:26 PM »
Sending a big welcome hug  :hug: so sorry for your losses xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Chrish2808

• New Members
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 04:23:23 PM »
Thank you Dave and Emz for such a lovely welcome. Sorry I am late at replying but I have been to the Doctors and then to hospital for X Rays. I have mobility issues and I fell out of my kitchen door onto the flags and have made a right mess of myself especially my knee which is riddled with Arthritis and it's that that gave way as I was going outside. Just call accident prone Annie 😉

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 05:19:23 PM »
A big hug coming your way chrish, my you are going through it aren't you, do you have any support at home xxx
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Chrish2808

• New Members
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 08:05:46 PM »
Hi Norma, yes I do have peplum who help and care for me, one of them being one of my daughter's.  The thing is I am my own worst end my and try to do things myself which usually ends up with me sprawled on the floor. I worked for 37 years and I can't get used of not being able to do certain things myself. xx

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 10:57:52 PM »
Your a determined woman Chris and though that is to be admired, I recon youv'e got to face the reality their is a limit to what you can do now and also think of your own safety. Easy for me to say i know and in truth I would probably be just as independent doing things for myself as you are now and end up on the floor with you lol.

You take it steady and look after yourself Chris and by the way sounds like you have a wonderful caring daughter. x
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.